input delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• input delay

right now rewasd has a 4ms input delay. is it at all possible to have a 1ms delay?

Hello! Unfortunately, we are not ready to accept it.

The polling rate of the device is defined by the device manufacturer. So, it is the optimal and most tested one. If you change the polling rate, the load is higher, so the device may malfunction. Also, it increases the CPU load. We are focused on remapping features, and it seems that overclocking is not the best feature for our app. Still, we will keep your suggestion in mind if something changes.

Comment

I'm not reading OP's request as a polling rate increase but as a way of reducing the impact that reWASD has on input latency. With that said though, I don't really see reWASD getting any better. Any remapping program is going to have some overhead in that regard since there is an interpretive layer between the controller and game. 4ms already is such a small amount of time and OP is asking to reduce it by 75%, which is just an insane ask. Maybe it's possible but then we also have increased resource usage to hit those numbers and the devs need to ask themselves if it's really worth it. To me, a 3ms difference is quite negligible for a vast majority of users and those who are sensitive to input latency and/or are trying to squeeze the most competitive edge out that they can should not be using remapper software as there will always be a latency cost to using them.

Comment

4 ms is a normal delay that DS4 controller has with USB connection, while it is 1 ms with Bluetooth according to specs. There are some solutions that lets you decrease this 4-ms delay but we are not sure if it is a good thing to do, because it will increase the load on both the controller and PC.

Do you feel the latency while using reWASD? What exactly, with which device and config? reWASD works extremely fast, and there is only one thing that may give an additional delay — if you are using the mouse and keyboard mappings without Unmap (and the game detects both the controller and emulated mappings, thus two different devices).

Comment

honestly i don't have much of an issue with rewasd. and i know by default ds4 (or any controller) has a 4ms delay. but overclockable on pc to 1ms. needless to say it's all just really show and tell. would 1ms be nice yes, is it necessary? not really. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

But software x360ce you can select a rate of 1k. So… let’s get to it. Especially while overclocking controllers are big right now.

Comment

We are not planning this functionality right now, as we do not want to take responsibility for making our users' controller broken.
              Overclocking of controllers is not safe as overclocking the PC processor. It really depends on a future quality of the controller's feedback.
              So our statement regarding that case is:
              reWASD is not an overclocking tool. We are a remapping tool. If you are facing any sort of additional delay between button pressing and the mapping reproduce, this delay is a standard one, same as the delay that is needed for the signal to reach its destination, usually not more than 5 ms.

Comment

Working...
              X