Smooth curves for gyro response curve, Custom curves presets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth curves for gyro response curve, Custom curves presets

I think smooth curves could improve the gyro response and make it abit smoother. Maybe also dynamically add points you need, with optional grid snap and allow use to save these custom curves as curves presets. Here an example for smooth curves from Renoise: https://i.ibb.co/SNB0VmT/curvesexamplefromrenoise.gif

Btw. could be nice, when we could add gifs to a post.

Hey there!

We are planning to add similar possibility (creating a curve by function) for sticks and I think it would be possible to add the same for the gyro. Stay tuned!

As for the GIFs, will need to re-check the settings of the forum. Will get back to you later

Comment

Sounds great, thank you. I tried to recreate steam's mouse joystick mode in rewasd. You get only similar results, when you use custom curves. There are some more special settings in mouse joystick mode, which could be added to rewasd, too. Enhance Small Movement Precision, Sensitivity Vertical Scale, Gyro Camera Scale etc. Maybe in future

Comment

Will check those ones, thank you.

If you are using the mouse to gyro mapping, I suggest that you minimize Smoothing, it will help get small movements more precise.

Comment

I currently use this curve, seems work better compared to the default ones. Need to test this more:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	mycurve.png
Views:	863
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	227022

Btw. i use double tap PS button to dynamically turn on/off gyro. It seems, i cant set a rumble for this to get feedback, when it gets executed. Can rumble be added to double and triple press?

Comment

That's a good idea to use Custom curve, and your one looks great. We have only a few default presets and also think that this adjustment should be done by the end user, to meet all the expectations

Can rumble be added to double and triple press?
            Unfortunately, not. Rumble could be set either for the whole button (via Single Press) or via the Combo (for most activators), but the problem is that in your case you need to have both command and rumble together, and we haven't added commands to the Combo Editor yet. It will be possible in the future.

Comment

Btw. could be nice, when we could add gifs to a post.
              Well, it may be not that perfect (vBulletin limitations), but...

Name:	its_working.gif
Views:	810
Size:	462.9 KB
ID:	227101

Comment

Great! We just need to care about file size, because too big can cause an error.

Name:	thumbsup.gif
Views:	757
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	227196

Comment

Working...
                X