Nested Shift Modes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nested Shift Modes

I've been loving using reWASD recently, I have finally unlocked the potential of my Xbox Elite 2 controller. I have been using it to map out controls for my favorite game, Guild Wars 2, which has a lot of buttons, but it's amazing that it's been possible. One thing I think that would really allow me to complete my configuration would be allowing the Shift modifiers to be linked to a specific mode's button. What I mean is, when you go to an alternate mode and assign a Shift button, that button is mapped to the first modes button press. If there were a dropdown by the "Use as Shift modifier" box that you could choose any other mode to have to button applied to, it would bring a couple major benefits. It would allow an entire button to be released for other bindings on the primary Shift mode. I know that you can bind an action and a Shift modifier to a button, but it would prevent the entire controller layout from possibly changing every time you need that button. Secondly, it would allow different modes to be accessed by "chaining together" button presses. For example, I want to be able to hold LB to access the second mode, but I also could really use a third mode. I want to use RB in the second mode as the activator for the third mode, saving RB in the first mode for a primary combat skill use. I figure it could be easy to implement and would be a really neat feature.

We are working on a feature that will allow using Shift modes as commands.
    We think this will be exactly the thing you expect it to be

With that, basically, you won't need to switch to main Shift before switching to another one. Commands should be: Switch to Shift1, Shift2 etc., Switch to Main Shift.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Comment

Working...
    X