Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerometer! Shaking Gesture

Hello everyone iam new to this forum.

Something cross my mind about Accelerometer and gyro function for the joycon or similar controllers.

1. Shaking Gesture: Triggers a keystrokes when shaking the controller. This come handy for quicktime events where you can trigger a Keystrokes or two like A and D Keystrokes or W and S. after another.

2nd mini fitnessbike usability.

It would be nice to use a joycon or two strapped on your feets. Calibrate the position to zero . And then simulate walking with a mini fitness bike. Like disabeling WASD Keystrokes when not pedaling the fitnessbike.And turn it back on when pedealing. Possibly it could recognizes forward and backward gestures. What do you think about this idea?

My english is not my native language so I´ll try my best to communicate with you guys

Hello there!
    reWASD does interact with the joy cons accelerometer only if you use the DualShock4 as a virtual gamepad of reWASD. In that case, the actions you do with the gamepad's accelerometer will be reproduced by our virtual DualShock4. The same will not work on Xbox One or Xbox 360 virtual controllers, as these controllers do not have the accelerometer at all. Just the accelerometer remap is not yet possible in reWASD.
    However, you can use your gamepad's gyroscope to remap it for the WASD buttons, or only W and S, if you wish.

About the mini fitness bike, that is a very niche feature that we are not sure if we can ever implement.
    Our software works with all the Xinput devices. I am not sure if there are any fitness bikes with Xinput available on it, however, it may work if Xinput is present.
    The idea is great, but this is a very hard and resource-taking feature.

Comment

OP wasn't asking about sending virtual accelerometer input, they were asking about using it as an input to bind. Right now reWASD only allows the gyroscope actions of the IMU to be bound. OP would like to assign a binding to the accelerometer input, vector based movement of the controller rather than rotational data.

To OP, your idea of waggling the controller back and forth for QTEs can work by binding the gyro left and right to A and D (or any other keys) and using Yaw rather than Roll for the X-Axis. It won't be as accurate as using vector data for the bindings but since you'll just be shaking it back and forth it should be fine. You could do this with the Y-Axis for up and down movement too. The only thing you can't assign is moving the controller straight up/down or left/right but I doubt that is your intended use since most people don't naturally move controllers like that.

Comment

Mapping the accelerometer input to keybindings, is all i ask for.

Maybe how hard to shake the joycons is an important factor too. A slider as a strength parameter would be a great feature to have.

For the mini Fitnessbike idea: I could easily write a script with glovepie to activate and desactivate wasd keys via keystrokes (if key m for movement for instance.is enabled = wasd is true else wasd is false. Simple as that. Iam willing to buy rewasd anyway soon or later. But using keystrokes as a variable in glovepie to activate and desactivate keybindings like wasd would be great.

Comment

We might be able to remap accelerometers in one of autumn updates. But that is not certain yet.

Comment

Working...
          X