Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPM counter

Hello!

I've been using ReWasd for a couple of weeks and am starting to love it!

As a feature request I would realllly love to see the introudction of a 'BPM' counter' instead of using milliseconds as a delay, when using Key Combos.

This would open up ReWasd to Music SoftWare users aswell as gamers. Ideally, this BPM feature would be changeable on the fly, so if there was an overall BPM counter on the main page, that when adjusted would change the BPM of all 'BPM delays' within key combos. That way every mapping would be able to stay up to date when there is a BPM change in the music!

- This feature would then also ideally be mappable itself so that I could adjust the BPM with a controller rather than having the touch the software using a keyboard and mouse. Or having a 'Tap Tempo' feature so I can tap in the Metronome of a song and then have a 'ReSync' Button to resync the beat.

I'm working on a project at the moment that would massively benefit from this feature and it would be beyond awesome if this was able to be added to ReWasd!

Many Thanks for reading!

J

Hey there!

Thank you for your suggestion. Could you please describe me more details, because I am not sure what exactly you are talking about

So, we have "speed" — BPM (beats per minute). Depending on this speed, we need to adjust the duration of the combo (delays and pauses between presses). Am I right?

Comment

I think this is a really neat idea. So the core idea here is to modify the speed of Combos via a key press. You could easily use a BPM - ms conversion to utilize the built-in delay and pause features. But I could totally see myself using this to have a controller give a 'thump' on the beat of a song in a rhythm game, regardless of what song it is. Playing something like Amplitude and having a tactile representation of the beat sounds pretty cool.

Comment

Got it, will check how we could implement it in the most convenient way

Comment

Hello!

Sorry for the late response!

Yeah my thoughts for implimentation would be to have a 'BPM Box' on the main page UI. This box would allow you to input your BPM number into it. The value of this box would dictate the value of all BPM keymapping delays.

It would be very useful if this box had the ability to be macro'd. This way the BPM value can be constantly changed quickly and easily. I would suggest a 'TAP' feature where I can press a designated macro'd key to Tap the beat. This tapping will change the overall BPM.

I would also suggest a 'RESYNC' button. This button would reset your BPM to the first beat within the bar. If your BPM becomes out of sync, it is a very useful button to reallign yourself correctly with the beat. In conjunction with the 'TAP' feature, would allow you to tap your BPM in, and then sync it correctly.

I would suggest the addition of a metronome counter? As it is a very useful tool to have when working with BPM.
          It would be great to see a Visual Aid with the metronome counter. This way you can monitor your BPM by eye, instead of by ear. For me personally I always use my eye!

Here is a video that will hopefully shed some furthur context on how this feeature could work! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgInkPpePc4

Comment

Thank you for the details!

Sounds challenging, so I can't promise you anything right now, but we will certainly dig into and will check what is possible to do.

Comment

Nice one Thanks!! I think the 'Macro feature' is probably the most expenable if something has to go - The rest of it would still function correctly it would just involve having to manually enter the BPM whenever it changes. Which is fine if you know the BPM of the piece of music, but isn't always possible especially if there's lots of different songs all at different BPM's!

Keep up the great work this software is immense!!

Comment

Will do our best!

Comment

Thank you for your kind words! I completely agree with you. The 'Macro feature' is likely the most expendable part if we need to make adjustments. Even without it, the rest of the functionality would still work perfectly, but it would require manually entering the BPM whenever it changes. While that might be manageable when you know the BPM of the music piece, it's not always feasible, especially when dealing with numerous songs at different BPMs!
                  Last edited by apkthrills; 22.08.2023, 12:16.

Comment

Working...
                  X