No announcement yet.

Specify percent of pressed trigger & long press/inactivity for activation zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specify percent of pressed trigger & long press/inactivity for activation zones

I am very happy about having possibility to use Dualshock's 3 face buttons with three activation zones. It's really big thing! But I would like to request two helpful features making them more useful.
    • Possibility to set percent of pressed triggers when I am assigning them to different buttons. For now when I am assigning trigger to face buttons activation zones high/medium/low, trigger works like not pressed -> 0% pressed high -> 100% pressed medium -> 100% pressed low -> 100% pressed. There is option which repeats pressed buttons and it helps, as longer pauses are making vehicles go slower, but this resolution is not perfect and some games thinks that leaving pressed trigger means that you want to stop action which leads to slow down and vehicles are in sequence going faster and slower. It's not always smooth experience.
      It would be nice to be able to select action like this: "pressed *button* emulates *RT/LT* pressed on *X*%". What means that we will be able to provide precent value of pressed trigger. In this way face buttons will be able to have something like this:
      high zone: RT pressed in 30% -> medium: RT pressed in 60% -> low zone: RT pressed in 100%. It would help a lot with configs driving. Other benefit can be that keyboard/mouse players will have possibility to control their speed with different key combination (this feauture can work for different devices too).
      Something simillar can be beneficial even for left and right stick too, as some games have pattern slow walk -> walk -> run for left stick depending on radius zone. But for me more important is trigger configuration.
    • Small experience improvement for using face buttons in DS3: possibility to make zone inactive for selected period of time after pressing button or activating them with long press (not leaving them for 500ms). Very often my first press of face button is going to 100% and then I am adjusting pressure of pressed button. I would like to skip first activation for max pressed zone, let work first with medium and high zone, and then when I am ready, press button to maximum to do an action. For example: light press I am using to run, and full press for jump, now by mistake I am first doing short jump and then running and jumping like I want. The same with aiming/shooting. Sometimes before start aiming I am shooting. It is not a big issue and probably many people will not have this issue at all (they can better operate with buttons), but quality of service would be much better with inactive and/or long press activation options for pressure sensitive zones.
    Thank you in advance! I really like that reWASD is able to make every gamepad a gem.

In order to set a percentile of trigger for digital buttons, you can add a key combo to it. Inside a key combo, if you add the trigger press, you have it available to be adjusted. The same with zones, just add a key combo with adding only one button in it (trigger) so you get some particular deflection value.

Regarding the 2nd one, is it kinda deadzone for the button? Still, this is pretty niche feature, we will check it with a team.

Comment

1. I have checked combo option. Works perfectly like I wanted. Thank you!
      2. Kinda deadzone which is removed after specified time. Something similar I have achieved with extending medium zone to 230 and high zone is getting activated as combo: pause for 300ms -> RT (Hold until release). Works like I want, but has small delay. This "timed deadzone" would remove pause block after pressing button for 300ms but without necessity of staying in one zone. Current solution resets pause every time when I am leaving and coming back to my zone.

Comment

Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
        1. I have checked combo option. Works perfectly like I wanted. Thank you!
        2. Kinda deadzone which is removed after specified time. Something similar I have achieved with extending medium zone to 230 and high zone is getting activated as combo: pause for 300ms -> RT (Hold until release). Works like I want, but has small delay. This "timed deadzone" would remove pause block after pressing button for 300ms but without necessity of staying in one zone. Current solution resets pause every time when I am leaving and coming back to my zone.
        Hey there!

Frankly speaking, I am not sure if I understood you properly. So, the idea is to ignore the Zone mapping during some time? So, if you are inside the "medium" zone at least for 300 ms, it should fire the mapping, right? If you leave it earlier, the mapping is not emulated?

Comment

Yes. Exactly. But this "ignore" would last only for some time. After this time, when the button remains pressed, zone mapping will work as designed.

My usecase:
          • I mapped medium and high zone for fast run (shift), and low zone for run+jump (shift+space).
          • When I am pressing button too strong on beginning I can activate action *jump* by mistake, when I wanted to first get faster, run to specific place and then go to low zone to jump. Easy resolution: not to press button too strong, but during game sometimes you cannot press button gently.
          • I do not want to jump twice. So to be sure that it is not happening during first press, I am setting pause block for 300ms, which prevents activation for 300ms. In this time I can leave high zone without activating jump (space) and stay in different zones until I will want to jump.
          • But the problem is that pause 300ms will be again activated when I will come to low zone. I do not need this pause anymore as I have adjusted pressure already. I wanted it only to prevent unwanted activation high zone immidiately after pressing button. When I adjusted my button press properly I would prefer have instant reaction. I am pressing button stronger = I want to jump immidiately.
          • So deactivation high zone for 300ms after pressing cross button will give me time to adjust pressure and not activate unwanted action. But if I will stay in this zone after spcified time, my character will jump - high zone will get active.
          The same problem can appear with assigning aiming for high and medium zones but shooting on low. When you will not press button properly, you will shoot once, then start aiming and when you'll be ready you'll start shooting again. Option for deactivation high zone for 300ms will not let shoot by mistake, but only when you will decide.

Comment

reWASD doesn't have a way to disable activation of a certain zone for a given time. And I wouldn't hope for that to happen any time soon.

The correct way would be to use different buttons for one-time-happening type of actions instead of zones, unless you want them to happen in 1-2-3-2-1 order.

But in your case using a [Combo Break] in the [Low Zone] combo might be a solution, if I understood you correctly.

Code:
            [Pause 300ms] > [Jump button] > [Combo break] > [Jump button]
            This combo will trigger the Jump instantly every second time you are on the low zone, in other words, every time you go back from high/medium zones. But for it to work properly, you'll have to always go over the low zone.

Comment

Working...
            X