X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big collection of different suggestions, mainly UX tweaks

1. The Stick Response Curve and Advanced Stick Settings

Suggestions:
    a) Making response curve graph square instead of rectangular/panoramic (a 45 degree angle is easy to picture, right now you kinda need to toggle between custom and default curves to see the difference. Steam Input's for reference)
    b) Adding explanations to the axis of the graph (see reference above)
    c) Adding a "reset custom curve" button
    d) Adding the option to add and delete points in the custom curve
    e) Adding the option to create custom response curve presets (that appear globally in all configs/games)
    f) Adding the option to edit built-in response curve presets (saved as a custom curve of course, not replacing the actual presets)
    g) Adding the option to create smooth curves via functions (I know it's in the works, just voicing support)
    i) Adding the option to reset to default only for selected Shift Layer
    j) Adding the option to change the deadzone separately for each Shift Layer

Issues:
    k) As a brand new user, the diagrams in this window are really confusing. Especially in a narrow window, it's not immediately clear that the two diagrams relate to two separate option boxes and that they're not interactible. You could stack menus vertically and add a horizontal separator (line) and keep it as-is with a vertical separator if the window is wide enough, but I'm not sure how good that would feel.
    l) If the window is too short, the back button can get cut off and has to be scrolled up to. Using the floating back button from the Key Combo menu would be better and more consistent.
    m) The Invert Axis and Swap Sticks buttons are oddly positioned. They look like the "invert axis" might refer to the response curve and not the bindings. Their positioning feels random.

2. Main view and general UI

Suggestions:
    a) Changing the default view to a tilted one so that swapping to the (initially slightly confusing) back view isn't necessary to edit trigger bindings (reference)
    b) Allowing the user to click on the binding descriptions to access the same settings as when you click the button itself
    c) Combining the Virtual Controller Settings with the Virtual Devices menu for consistency
    d) Using the floating back button from the Key Combo menu in all menus (Advanced Stick Settings, Shortcuts, Virtual Devices, Vibration, etc.)
    e) Combining Trigger Zones and Adaptive settings into one Advanced Trigger Settings menu to make it more consistent with the stick options
    f) Adding a "show previous devices" option that would let the user edit configs for a device that's unplugged to save battery (while they're trying to figure out a new feature for example)
    g) Combining rumble and LED settings into one "miscellaneous gamepad options" menu or moving the LED settings to the right hand side buttons
    h) Separating "Apply" into "Save and Apply" (current behaviour) and a "Test" button that doesn't overwrite the config
    i) Adding a "Reset Slider" option to every slider (inside the wrench icon's submenu or as a second icon next to it)
    j) Adding an option to display percentages instead of raw values for sliders

k) Adding an undo button in some form. It doesn't have to undo each step, just quickly achieve what closing the window and clicking "No" when you're asked if you want to save changes does.

Cheers

Hello!

Thank you for this long list, most of things indeed should make reWASD handier. And some of them are already planned but not this year unfortunately. I will keep you posted once we add one or another thing. Some of your suggestion may not be implemented, though, at the current state of app's architecture.

And there is one thing that is already available in reWASD, though it may not be obvious:

j) Adding the option to change the deadzone separately for each Shift Layer
    You can do it right now, but you will need to adjust the Response curve instead of the slider. The first dot with Y=0 will define the deadzone:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3133a9ad5f.png
Views:	202
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	228551

Also, Back buttons are available in Advanced settings (of sticks, gyro, mouse) and in Vibration. Shortcuts and Virtual Devices, indeed, doesn't have this option:

Click image for larger version

Name:	d761ef832c.png
Views:	134
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	228552

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Also, Back buttons are available in Advanced settings (of sticks, gyro, mouse) and in Vibration. Shortcuts and Virtual Devices, indeed, doesn't have this option:
      That wasn't my point. I mean that the back buttons that do exist aren't universal between different menus. I suggested that all menus that do or don't have a back use the same kind of back button and pointed to the best one.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mezu5 View Post

That wasn't my point. I mean that the back buttons that do exist aren't universal between different menus. I suggested that all menus that do or don't have a back use the same kind of back button and pointed to the best one.
        I may need a clarification then. All "Back" buttons are located at the left top corner of the menu (which may be different itself). Could you please give me a bit more details or examples, because I am not sure if I get your idea correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X