Flydigi Apex 2 Controller Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flydigi Apex 2 Controller Support

Christmas Time is coming and I have found new very innovative gamepad which would suit perfect for gamepad collection - Flydigi Apex 2. Ofc, I would be happy having full support of this controller in reWASD. It looks like fusion Xbox Elite controller with Xbox Classic S controller adding gyro support, mobile navigation buttons (menu, home, back), 4 back buttons (M1, M2, M3, M4), customizable led and something new - BXY patented draggable wheel. Sounds like perfect controller Xbox layout + gyro + new cool features. According to official website - total 27 buttons. I definitely worth give a try.

I would expect that we can select if we want to emulate Xbox or PS4 controller. Draggable wheel can work as:
    • For Dualshock emulation it can emulate movement on touchpad - swipe up-down-left-right or tap up-down-left-right.
    • For Xbox emulation it can emulate mouse movement (it's nice to have mouse control when both sticks are used already by game).
    • Finally we can have flick stick without losing ability of using normal right and left sticks! Flick stick can be on draggable wheel or on normal RS, then draggable wheel will take over RS control.
    • Ability to emulate sticks movement to be able to fast select guns from weapon wheel - instead pressing RB + right stick we can just move wheel in required direction and controller will emulate press of RB and movement in required direction. Coming back to position zero will release accept our choice.
    • Feature is created for MOBA games, so maybe we it will make LoL games compatible with gamepads. Looks perfect for skillshots. So standard stick can move coursor/camera but draggable wheel will activate actions:
      • press of skill button (B/X/Y button), move cursor in desired direction (wheel), release skill button activates skill.
      • teleport cursor in place selected by us earlier (eg. middle of the screen), press skill button, move cursor in desired direction, activate skill by release button.
    • Emulation of triggers for racing games - top maximum speed, down activates break, left/right emulates left stick for car control.
    • Menu wheel for games which does not support it. Up - activates key 1, Down - activates key 2, left - activates key 3, right - activates key 4.
    • Generally I think that it's nothing special to implement. It has to act like third stick. Nearly all my actions are possible to replicate with normal sticks, this one will be just third one and has possibility of press not one button, but three (B/X/Y).
    I do not know if leds can be easily customized, but if they will light like DS4 controller leds, it would be nice.

Rest is rather normal. We need button to activate gyro - can be one of back buttons. C and Z buttons can be RB and LB to have better immersion in fighting games. Select and start are normal xinput buttons. Menu/Home/Back can act as PrintScreen/Guide/ESC. Rest keys will be determined by games (I like crouch and jump on back buttons). No more ideas for now.

It would be nice to have support of this controller, as it looks fresh, and finally something new from different camp than Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo.

Hello!

Actually, I have pretty good news for you — we have already started researching this particular model and are exchanging our thoughts with the manufacturer, so I could say that we are going to support this gamepad. At the moment, we are sure about back buttons — they will be supported, and we are sure that there is no raw data for gyro we could get — it works as a mouse only.

BXY wheel works as a copy of the right stick, so unfortunately, you won't be able to use it as a third stick.

Stay tuned for the updates!

Also, we are going to support other Flydigi controllers — we agree that they are looking great and fresh and for example, in Vader 2 Pro, we have more chances to work with the gyro directly.

Comment

Wow! Good to hear that! Not good that gyro is only mouse input, emulating mouse is half of the success, so not bad. Will it be possible to translate this mouse input into right stick at least? I am using gyro for camera control, so usually it's mouse or right stick emulation.

Not happy about. BXY wheel, but anyway using right stick and bxy wheel at the same time seems nearly impossible, so not a big loss. Maybe you will create for this wheel special profile slots for every pressed button B is activating B right stick mode, X is activating X right stick mode, Y is activating Y right stick mode. Right stick can act differently with every of these pressed buttons. Seems like fun and giving new possibilities as pressing face button and navigate right tick looks like something not comfortable on other controllers.

Even if BXY wheel cannot be used as third stick I see a lot of nice use cases. Just buttons BXY will have to activate new profiles exclusively for right stick.

And finally another controller with back buttons which will be supported!

Comment

We are pretty excited about this gamepad too

Will it be possible to translate this mouse input into right stick at least?
        Right now, we consider exactly the same idea. But we haven't got enough information to be sure that it will work as expected, so won't guarantee that it will be implemented this way yet.

Maybe you will create for this wheel special profile slots for every pressed button
        I think it should also work with a Shift mode (spoiler: we are planning a big update for our Shift mode next year )

Exactly! Will certainly do our best with this model.

Comment

Tengo ese modelo y el anterior Vader 2 desde hace bastante tiempo, de lo mejores controladores del mercado, me alegra que tenga oporte pero yo lo uso con REWASD desde mucho tiempo, con un uso perfecto

Comment

Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
            Wow! Good to hear that! Not good that gyro is only mouse input, emulating mouse is half of the success, so not bad. Will it be possible to translate this mouse input into right stick at least? I am using gyro for camera control, so usually it's mouse or right stick emulation.

Not happy about. BXY wheel, but anyway using right stick and bxy wheel at the same time seems nearly impossible, so not a big loss. Maybe you will create for this wheel special profile slots for every pressed button B is activating B right stick mode, X is activating X right stick mode, Y is activating Y right stick mode. Right stick can act differently with every of these pressed buttons. Seems like fun and giving new possibilities as pressing face button and navigate right tick looks like something not comfortable on other controllers.

Even if BXY wheel cannot be used as third stick I see a lot of nice use cases. Just buttons BXY will have to activate new profiles exclusively for right stick.

Hola, a que con que juego lo estas utilizando? yo juego a Warzone, antirecoil y dropshots jeje

Comment

Originally Posted by MuSoL79 View Post
              Tengo ese modelo y el anterior Vader 2 desde hace bastante tiempo, de lo mejores controladores del mercado, me alegra que tenga oporte pero yo lo uso con REWASD desde mucho tiempo, con un uso perfecto
              Will do our best

Comment

Hi I just got this controller. Want to check if rewasd supports it already before I purchase the software thanks. Most importantly the remapping of the extra back and shoulder buttons
                Last edited by vvgrant7777; 12.01.2022, 15:28.

Comment

We plan to add support for this controller in February. Additional buttons will also be supported.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                    We plan to add support for this controller in February. Additional buttons will also be supported.
                    Thank you for your prompt response. cos right now it seems that rewasd is only able to detect the controller as a normal xbox360. looking forward to the updates. Good work!

Comment

Originally Posted by vvgrant7777 View Post

Thank you for your prompt response. cos right now it seems that rewasd is only able to detect the controller as a normal xbox360. looking forward to the updates. Good work!
                      Esperemos porque yo lo tengo y es de los mejores que he podido probar

Comment

We are doing our best to deliver it soon — just in a few weeks

Great to know that there are many fans of Flydigi, we hope support their other controller too.

Comment

Originally Posted by MuSoL79 View Post

Esperemos porque yo lo tengo y es de los mejores que he podido probar
                          Yes. Vader 2 also worth working into. It's one of their better series with analog triggers

Comment

Are you about Vader 2 or Vader 2 Pro?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                              Are you about Vader 2 or Vader 2 Pro?
                              I only have both Apex 2 and Vader 2. These flydigi controllers have lots of potential. I would say they are the best in market price point. The only downside of these two controllers is that only 5 macros are allowed within its native mapping software. So if flydigi can work with rewasd, it's definitely going to be a win win for both companies as well as consumers. I personally own xbox elite 2, razer wolverine ultimate, gamesir t4 Pro, nacon revolution pro as well and I can vouch flydigi ones are the best in terms of utility and price point quality and reliability

Comment

Working...
                              X