Option To Mirror Inputs For Opposite Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option To Mirror Inputs For Opposite Direction

Hello, when I am mapping combos or special moves to controller inputs, I am always mapping the same command a 2nd time for the opposite direction, e.g. Scorpion's spear (special move) standing toward the right vs standing toward the left. In my opinion, if a user were able to copy and paste an input, albeit, oriented in the opposite direction, that would allow a user to avoid the otherwise redundant task of inputting the same command twice. Perhaps, aside from directional fighting games, this option would serve no purpose and hence its implementation may not be worth the time. Either way, I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

On a side note, you guys implemented my suggestion to decrease the adjustment increment to 1ms when configuring breaks or turbo. If only all gaming companies were run the way you guys do things as you all seem to value what your users suggest. ReWASD is awesome.
    Last edited by OGgamer0; 02.01.2022, 15:05.

Hey there!

First of all, thank you for your kind words It is a pleasure to know that reWASD makes your gaming a bit better, and we are doing the things to improve it.

As for your suggestion, something similar is already added to our to-do list. Am I right that you want to be able to paste a combo in an opposite direction in addition to the simple Paste we have here, in the context menu? If yes, then it is possible. Stay tuned for the updates!

Also, one more thing: you want an opposite direction for the D-Pad, Sticks and so on? So, if the original combo includes D-Pad Left, the opposite one should have D-Pad Right? Would be great if you add an example

Comment

Hey, I often use the regular paste if I am moving a combo or special move from one mapping to another, i.e. A Button to Y Button.

Regarding what you asked me that's absolutely right, so in addition to the regular paste with the difference being that this SPECIAL PASTE would reorient all directional controls in the opposite direction, i.e. in MK11 with special moves or combos initially oriented for a right-facing player which would then be reoriented so the command could be used by a left-facing player. I have included examples in the screenshots I posted.

Yes, a PASTE function which would reorient any button inputs in the opposite direction (solo inputs, such as D-Pad Forward or combined inputs, such as D-Pad Forward+B). So, D-Pad Forward would be D-Pad Backward, or D-Pad Forward+B to D-Pad Backward+B.

I'll look forward to all your updates! Thanks again!
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the clarification! Yes, we confirm that this feature is in our to-do list, but I can't tell you the exact ETA. Hope it will appear soon

Comment

That's awesome !!

Comment

Working...
          X