Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Minimize to tray" option

Hello!

A lot of apps that have a tray-icon, also have a lot of options for it. These options are for example:

1. Start minimized

2. Minimize to tray

3. Close to tray

I use reWASD only for Open World Games and to activate certain Cheats on Fling-Trainer via Single-Key or Key-Combos (example: "ALT+NUM4" to increse Game Speed). I use a Xbox One Controller (Model 1697) and Windows 10 x64.
    And I play always with Dual-Monitor. I play all games on my TV as second screen, and leave my PC-Monitor as main screen.

When I think I have my final configuration, I close reWASD and leave the Tray Agent on, so that I have a clean Taskbar.
    But the thing is, on my Dualshock 4 I have 4 extra buttons, on the Xbox Controller only 1. I have always to tray and figure out the best way for my key assignments. So there is always coming something up and I have to open reWASD and do something.

Because of that minimizing to tray would be very convenient. Because that way, I would have one app less in the taskbar, but when I need to do something on reWASD, it would open quickly. Right now I have only the option to minimize it to taskbar, or close it completely.

On the other and when I need reWASD just as an emulator and the Battery-Icon, then closing it completely and without Tray-Icon is very convenient.

So, it would be very convenient to have all the options for the Tray-Icon, because then you are flexible in every situation.

Hi!

Tray icon (Engine) works independently from reWASD app. As for the functions you have mentioned:
    1. Start minimized - already "happens" when Tray agent (Engine) is set to autorun with Windows. You can replace [Target] of your reWASD link to [reWASDEngine.exe] instead to get the same result.
    2. Minimize to tray - you can have the same effect by closing the reWASD window, as tray icon will stay regardless (if enabled in > Tray Agent). You can bring reWASD window back by double-clicking on tray icon or selecting [Open reWASD] option.
    3. Close to tray - same as above.
    So I'd say this functionality is already present in reWASD, even though it is a bit different from what one would expect from technical standpoint.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      [*]Minimize to tray - you can have the same effect by closing the reWASD window, as tray icon will stay regardless (if enabled in > Tray Agent). You can bring reWASD window back by double-clicking on tray icon or selecting [Open reWASD] option.
      When I MINIMIZE the reWASD-window/GUI to the taskbar, and then click again on the reWASD-taskbar-icon, the window appears immediately, right? The window was not closed, it is just ducking down in the taskbar. Everytime you click on the reWASD-icon on the taskbar, it minimizes or appears on the screen, exactly like it is. Wherever you are inside the reWASD-Window, in whichever settings you are, when you MINIMIZE a window, absolutely nothing is touched, the windows is just "ducking" in the taskbar.

When I CLOSE the reWASD-window/GUI, the Engine is of course still running in the background, and I have my beautiful Tray-Agent, BUT and when I double-click it, the GUI is loading new! It is like the reWASD-window/GUI was killed and is now loading again!

I am realizing now, I wasn't 100 percent accurate in my suggestion. I should have asked, if the GUI (!!!) could be minimized to tray. I didn't differentiate between the Engine and the GUI.

So, I looked it up now in Windows-Taskmanager: the Taskbar-Agent/Icon is "reWASDEngine.exe", but the GUI is "reWASD.exe". When you close the GUI, you close "reWASD.exe", and by double-click on the Tray-Icon or the Desktop-Icon, you open "reWASD.exe".

So, my question would be, if it would be possible, to have the option to minimize "reWASD.exe" to tray. :-)

Comment

Hello!
        Thanks for the clarifications. We have a slightly different application architecture, so this option is not so easy to implement. We will consider your suggestion with a team.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
          Hello!
          Thanks for the clarifications. We have a slightly different application architecture, so this option is not so easy to implement. We will consider your suggestion with a team.
          I have rather a stable, technically good working system, than a "GUI minimize to tray"! If this option has ANY negative effects on the functions of the app, please just forget my request!

Comment

It is a normal practice these days that pressing the "cross" does not completely close the application. Examples of this are applications such as Steam, Epic Games Store, etc.
            When you close our application (click on the "cross"), it goes to the tray anyway. If you want to permanently terminate the processes of our application, you should take the appropriate action in the tray.

At the moment we are not planning any changes in this area of our application, but thank you for your suggestion.

Comment

Working...
            X