Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple suugestions, unless these are already features, if so please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple suugestions, unless these are already features, if so please help.

So I was lucky enough to be born without a working left thumb. So far reWASD has been awesome for quality of life improvements, and for the first time I really feel like I can compete as a full non-handicapped player.

Right now I'm playing Infinite, and I have a couple suggestions for the 'Key Combo' section. So as it stands I would love to have the option to combo a crouch command into one of the key presses. As I find it too difficult to click the joystick in, I wanted to combo it, to L<. So whenever I move left my player character quickly crouches.

I was able to set this up as described, but the only issue is, it's too regular and hugely conflicts with generally moving round the map. Following this I tried combo'ing crouch to RT, so when I fire I auto crouch. Again, this worked too well. My player character would spam crouch and I looked pretty ridiculous. I played around for quite a while and I feel like the perfect solution would be a 'Random Chance %'

If there were a way to have a % chance a key will trigger, would be awesome. So I could set RT to 100%, and Combo crouch key be configurable. So perhaps 20% of the time that I press RT it also engages crouch.

My second suggestion came from my inability to PING enemies. The D-Pad is a pain to try to interact with, so many commands such as highlighting enemies for my teammates just doesnt happen. So like before I wanted to combo this to either Zoom, or Fire. The problem with Zoom was, I then felt likw I couldn't precautionarily pre-scope an area with suggesting to teammates there are in fact enemies there. Which often there isnt. Binding it instead to fire as you can imagine, like crouch, became a PING spam'fest.

My suggestion here is instead of a random % like in my first suggestion. The user can set a configuarable time-out period on a command. So I can set the PING function to RT, like I want to, but only allow the PING to be activated once, then begin perhaps a 5 second cool down, where with-in those 5 seconds, sebsequent RT inputs ignore the PING combo.

Lastly, and this is probably the most likely already an option. So if so please suggest to me how I can use it. But if I want to trigger a few second long macro. Is there currently an option to 'Kill' the macro on a second key press? Let's say the combo fails for whatever reason and I don't want to have reWASD play through the rest of the commands?

Thanks.

If you want to map something to a stick without it triggering on any move, you can remap one of its [Zones] instead (medium or high one).

Same could be done for triggers if it is used to "scope" - remap its [High Zone] to "ping" action.

You can "kill" a combo early in two ways:
    • by setting the [Toggle] flag for it: the [Combo] will repeat until you tap the remapped button again.
    • by setting the [Turbo] flag for it: this way [Combo] will repeat only while you hold the remapped button.

You can add a very big pause at the end of the [Combo] to make it run only once (unless you will keep it running for longer than the value of that pause).

Comment

Hello!

'Random Chance %'
      At the moment, you may try to use Break in Key Combo. Break separates the combo to the parts, and each time you launch the combo, only a part of it is emulated.

So, if you add:

RT [break] RT [break] RT+Crouch [break], you will get your Crouch action every third press on the trigger.

I totally understand that it is not what you are talking about with a random chance, but I hope it could make your experience a bit better right now — while we check how we could implement your suggestion to reWASD.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
        So, if you add:

RT [break] RT [break] RT+Crouch [break], you will get your Crouch action every third press on the trigger.
        That's still a really cool work around! Thanks!

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

Working...
          X