Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD Junior improvement

Hello, happy new year !

I find interesting the idea of side companion of reWASD on phone or tablet. I used to regularly pause / switch to reWASD / modify configuration / switch back to game / unpause.
    Even with a second screen, it's still a little pain. The idea of modifying live configuration from a phone/tablet is interesting, but I can't wait for UI improvement, as it's still far behind its computer counterpart... Are you working on a better interface, for example with the controller as main element too?

Also, I'd be very interested in having a feature on reWASD Junior, to present buttons on the screen, that could be configurable with reWASD...
    This way, the phone/tablet could become a supplementary controller (or touch screen in a way) to execute specific tasks (streaming actions, game macros, etc), using the power of reWASD.
    It could even take advantage of onboard features like gyroscope etc.
    The possibilities would be infinite

And thank you again for this wonderful software !

Hello!

Great to know that you like reWASD Junior — we are going to develop it for sure, so hope it will become even more useful for you.

UI improvement
    Could you please describe your ideas? We have decided to show all the mappings in a table mode, so everything could be shown and could be easily edited on any screen, as for the phone screen could not contain the same big controller's picture as a desktop computer. Do you have any difficulties with the current interface?

the phone/tablet could become a supplementary controller
    We are going to turn your mobile device into the gamepad which will be remappable on the PC and could be used there with all reWASD features. Not sure about the ETA at the moment, but we will do our best

Comment

Could you please describe your ideas?
      In fact, it's more about having a simple visualization (or reminder), not necessarily to edit. On reWASD Junior, and actually also on printed configurations, it would be nice to have the controller view with the commands around. This presentation is very convenient in reWASD itself. I remember long time ago (on Elite Dangerous for example), I was printing some gamepad diagrams, and I was filing them by hand. Now I make screenshots of reWASD and keep them in documents or on the second screen if I need them (no papers anymore ).
      But having a live view of my controller would be nice, and it could be even nicer if it was following the currently applied shift for example (which could also be the view on reWASD UI when read-only mode is activated?).
      By the way, having the possibility to switch between keys and descriptions (or both) would be fine on the main reWASD UI.

We are going to turn your mobile device into the gamepad ...
      This is very good news . I'm not sure it could be better than a real gamepad, but it can be interesting for troubleshooting, or for special cases. Having the ability to activate any virtual control or feature of reWASD from a device. And it would certainly be a good add-on to existing controllers system. I can see "Gamepad / Keyboard / Mouse / reWASD Junior" in the top of configuration window
      Anyway, I'd also appreciate some simple touch buttons window, if possible theme-able (like my good old Philips Pronto infrared remote). At last, I'd find some functionality of my phone holder on my keyboard. With some start/stop recording or TS/discord shortcuts for example.

And thank you again for the good work

Comment

Got it, thank you for the description. We will think about how the gamepad picture could be minimized so it fits the screen. Not sure if this view will appear soon, but we will certainly discuss it with a team.

In reWASD GUI on PC, you can switch between descriptions and mappings, when you toggle this icon:

Click image for larger version

Name:	d9201dd374.png
Views:	534
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	229634

There is no way to show both of them together though.

I hope our novelties will come in handy

Comment

My bad... so many features, I forgot this button..

Still, I'm interested with a new view in reWASD, showing the "current mapping" of the controller, which would switch to the current shift when I change it (and current slot when I'm ready to use them).

My use case : with PS3Nav + mouse, you can get the best of both worlds, gamepad (move) and keyboard/mouse (aim). But you have to completely redefine all the controls, as games aren't ready for it. And as you discover a new game, you sometimes add or change them. So for example, after a while, when the game tells you : "press F to exit vehicle", you wonder.. Where did I map "F"-key? If I could just turn my eyes to the second screen or reWASD Junior, maybe switching from shift to shift, I'd find out more quickly. This is particularly true at the beginning, when you map/remap keys. True, there is the overlay array of mappings, as well as reWASD Junior array view, but it's not as convenient as the front main reWASD view of the controller.

Anyway, thank you for this program AND the very good support team!

Comment

I got your point, and the idea about switching to the active Shift sounds truly interesting. We will check what is possible to do with all the components: the GUI, Overlay and Junior. Thank you for the suggestion!

Comment

As reWASD user I would like to see reWASD Junior as application which is giving me DualSense features for my mobile controllers (I have Razer Kishi and Ipega 9083s). Such tandem mode, which is hiding interface reWASD Junior interface and letting to merge smartphone features with controllers would be helpful. DualSense features which can be achieved by using normal controller with smartphone:
              • Gyro control - enabling this option for every controller with phone stand. Even Xbox controller would be able to have gyro. And maybe could be used as DS4 gyro hook with emulators (with controller or without as something like Wiimote).
              • Touchpad - what can emulate DualSense's touchpad better than smartphone? Then we can emulate mouse movement or other activation areas.
              • Light bar - on the top or bottom of the screen small bar from left to right, because light bars in Dualshock 4 and DualSense are cool. I still wonder why PC peripherals do not talk to each other with one RGB language. But maybe RGB.NET or RGB Project Aurora will fix it soon.
              • Vibration - not every controller (especially mobile ones) has vibrations. Phone can simulate them.
              • Microphone - support for voice chat or voice commands (maybe reWASD will support them someday).
              • Speaker - as additional audio device. For macro beeps or PlayStation's games like Death Stranding where you can select additional audio channel for controller speaker.
              • Virtual buttons on the screen - too less buttons on controllers? No more. And remember this DualShock 5 concept art? We can still have it.
                Note: additionally they can be used with controllers like GameSir G5, which are letting to emulate swiping on smartphone by their applications or increase number of supported controllers, by connecting them via mobile app.
              Bonus: Maybe some integration with Steam Link application/Parasec/Moonlight to let display PC screen on mobile phone. Or maybe someday Wii U emulator will start displaying WiiU GamePad screen on smartphone. Then such application would be helpful.

This is what I would like to have in reWASD jutnior app. It can take ages, but it would be nice to have such result at the end of development.​

Comment

Thank you for your cool suggestions! We do plan to start upgrading Junior in this direction, right after we finish the editing mode we are actively working on right now.

Frankly speaking, we haven't thought about LED and microphone/speakers usage yet, but your idea sounds great. Hope it won't take ages

Comment

I have found some cool idea on reddit with Stadia Wireless application. User can start server on pc and connecting Stadia Controller to smartphone. Inputs are being sent wirelessly to PC. ReWASD Junior can work in similar way - ReWASD as server and Junior as input forwarder (skipping Stadia Wireless' website part). Maybe their idea will be useful with planning this improvement.

Comment

What could it be useful for? Do you want to use a Stadia controller wirelessly on a PC? Or maybe you are about other gamepads?
                    This could potentially add input lag to the controls.

We are thinking about this functionality, but we can't say anything yet. At the moment, we are just researching this case.

Comment

Using my Stadia controller wirelessly or Nvidia Shield 2015 Controller wirelessly (this controller works only on Nvidia Shield Androids) is fair reason to have it.

But more I would like to use my Razer Kishi or GameSir X2 wirelessly too, without using USB-C female to USB-A converters. Cables in these devices are not much comfortable (but anyway I have and they are working fine, they made my June's vacations). Other good use in my case would be possibility to map GameSir G5 which has built in mobile stand and reWASD is not supporting this device yet.

If there would be extended support for this application bridge, my Ipega 9083s would receive vibration support (via mobile phone) which originally does not have. I have Flydigi Apex 2 and DualSense with mobile stands but they would be not much beneficial. But ofc they can if application will work as touchpad, speaker, microphone, lightbar or will add virtual buttons to execute macros etc. But simple wifi bridge can be useful too.

Sometimes I am using Steam Link application to achieve similar effect. Turning off audio and video streaming and I am able to play. But this application is designed to game streaming, not to support controllers, so it's not the best solution, but works good as workaround. And I've never noticed any lag during this activity.

Comment

Thank you for the details!

We are working on Junior update right now, but we are not sure that we will be able to implement such functionality in this upcoming version. Still, it is planned.

Comment

Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
                          [*]Touchpad - what can emulate DualSense's touchpad better than smartphone? Then we can emulate mouse movement or other activation areas.
                          .​
                          I have found another interesting application - Handheld Companion for Windows handheld PCs which has great DS4 touchpad implementation on Steam Deck, Ayaneo Pro, Ayaneo Next, OneXPlayer Mini etc. They put on left and right side of screen transparent overlay which allows to use left or right part of DS4 touchpad. Implementation looks great and is compatible with Steam Input.

I think that if you will decide to support android devices in this way (touchpads + inputs over wifi), reWASD Junior could have these touchpads on sides, controllers like Razer Kishi or iPega PG-9116 will be connected to smartphone/tablet, Junior will show overlay with touchpads on Moonlight or Steam Link application, and all inputs will be sent to PC which is streaming gameplay to smartphone/tablet.

I believe that even these Nintendo Switch-like handhelds on Android like Logitech G Cloud, Razer Edge, Lenovo Legion Play, AYN Odin Pro/AYA Neo Next, GPD XP and others, can be beneficial from this reWASD feature and it will give them more Switch-like experience with streaming games from PC.

Comment

Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
                            I think that if you will decide to support android devices in this way (touchpads + inputs over wifi), reWASD Junior could have these touchpads on sides, controllers like Razer Kishi or iPega PG-9116 will be connected to smartphone/tablet, Junior will show overlay with touchpads on Moonlight or Steam Link application, and all inputs will be sent to PC which is streaming gameplay to smartphone/tablet.

It's so fantastic app.

Thanks for your suggestion for reWASD Junior. We will consider it!

Comment

Working...
                            X