Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ifttt integration... Or maybe alexa, or google assistant... Or all of them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ifttt integration... Or maybe alexa, or google assistant... Or all of them.

Have you consider expanding rewasd functionality adding ifttt integration? It could be useful for lets say control smart devices trough an xbox controller for example. Or maybe add alexa or google assistant functionality. Think about it. It would be awesome in my opinion.

Hey there!

We were discussing the idea about voice recognition in reWASD — with the ability to "map" something to the voice command. Still, it's just an idea at the moment

Could you please describe what exactly you are talking about? Being able to control the assistant with a controller?

Comment

Well with Ifttt you can send web requests to access devices connected to that platform, the request could be as simple as turn on the device or a complete set of tasks programmed on ifttt.

For the voice assistants you could implement a way to trigger routines of google or alexa for it to do them for you.
      as for the implementation method I don't know how, jeje. For example I have a smartwatch that with the help of a companion app that let me record the voice command programmed in my alexa routine and the press of a button on my watch it runs the routine for me. A similar way could be added to rewasd (I think Ifttt is easier, but I don't know coding) where you press a button or a shift button or a shortcut of buttons to trigger an alexa or google routine

Comment

Sounds pretty exciting actually. I can't promise that we can do it and will implement such things in the nearest future, but we will certainly take a look

Comment

Maybe someday thanks, it could be awesome!!

Comment

You could always use VoiceAttack in conjunction to REWASD to switch slots via the REWASD shortcuts.

Nevermind, I thought you were talking about voice control of rewasd functions, not smart device controls from rewasd.

Comment

VoiceAttack and VoiceBot is working ok, but it would be great to have this function in reWASD. There are controllers with microphone which can detect commands (like DualSense). I think it is possible to use it already with others programs, but when reWASD would unlock microphone features for controllers, it would be great to be able to use voice commands to activate macros.
              I remember that Kinect for Xbox 360 had voice commands. We were able to give commands for team characters.

From my collection DualSense, Shield Controller 2015 and Shield Controller 2017 have micro, but only DualSense is visible as audio device by default.

Comment

Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
                VoiceAttack and VoiceBot is working ok, but it would be great to have this function in reWASD. There are controllers with microphone which can detect commands (like DualSense). I think it is possible to use it already with others programs, but when reWASD would unlock microphone features for controllers, it would be great to be able to use voice commands to activate macros.
                I remember that Kinect for Xbox 360 had voice commands. We were able to give commands for team characters.

From my collection DualSense, Shield Controller 2015 and Shield Controller 2017 have micro, but only DualSense is visible as audio device by default.
                Yeah, that is pretty close to the thing we have discussed with a team as a potential idea for the future releases
                Won't promise anything at this moment though.

Comment

would love this!

Comment

Working...
                  X