Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Switch Pro controller settings; Deadzone and rumble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Switch Pro controller settings; Deadzone and rumble.

Default settings for stick deadzones is too low. Sometimes get tiny drift when letting go of sticks. https://gamepad-tester.com/

Default rumble strength too high. Very loud above 15%. No games on Nintendo Switch itself ever make it rumble that hard. I worry it might actually damage something because HD Rumble is different than most rumble motors.

Can manually fix these by paying for Advanced Mapping, but that's arguably hiding a basic fix behind a paywall. (I'd totally pay because this software is excellent, but I'm planning on upgrading my PC soon and don't know if the license will carry over because this might change the system ID.)

Hello!
    In the case where your stick is drifting, it is recommended to increase the dead zone.
    If you are using a stick as a stick, after you change the dead zone size in Advanced stick settings, make sure you check the [Affect gamepad behavior for games] option.

As for the rumble:
    If you are using one of our virtual controller types (DualShock 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360) and have not used the rumble option for mappings in your config, then the motors will vibrate with in-game actions for your chosen virtual controller with default power.
    If Rumble is still used when pressing certain buttons in your config, then the vibration power can be reduced up to 10%.
    To clarify, Rumble is part of the basic license.
    But the global vibration settings can be adjusted with the advanced mapping feature.

In case you buy a new PC and want to transfer your activation - it is possible.

All you need to do is to revoke the previous activation from your personal account.
    To log in, use your email you have defined during the purchase.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying!

Default stick setting was fine. I just needed to check that box. (Though this does require the remap feature, as this feature was locked outside of the remap trial.)
      I thought custom Rumble was part of the 3-day remap trial and not the 14-day basic trial, so I must have misremembered.
      I wasn't aware activation/licenses were so easily to transfer! Went ahead and bought the full package. Likely going to buy another license for my other machine.

Want to say, again, this is excellent software! Well worth the money to use a Switch Pro controller on PC outside of Steam, and far more versatile than BetterJoyForCemu or hardware options like 8bitdo or Magic-NS USB adapters.

Comment

Thanks for your nice feedback! We are glad that you became a part of our community

Comment

Working...
        X