release keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• release keys

in the combo page, it'd be very helpful to have release keys when using shifts. i want to execute a command but cant because the shift layer has a modifier - let me release the modifer.

Hello! Describe in more detail, do you want to switch the Shift layer while the combo is in progress?

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
      Hello! Describe in more detail, do you want to switch the Shift layer while the combo is in progress?
      if i wanted to alt tab, i need to hold alt, but tab needs to be released otherwise it doesnt execute properly. having the option to choose what is held and what is released (tapped).

Comment

Create a combo for the desired key as in the screenshot and check the Turbo checkbox.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VrwDRlpUjnojdm.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	229984

Thus, pressing this key will open a menu for switching between windows.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
          Create a combo for the desired key as in the screenshot and check the Turbo checkbox.

*screenshot*

Thus, pressing this key will open a menu for switching between windows.
          The problem with this is the alt needs to be held before and after the tabs. using your suggestion kicks me out of the alt tab menu after 3000ms even with turbo.

potential solution
          1) combine 'hold until release' with 'execute at once' functionality, so they can be used at the same time.
          2) or add ability to manually override if something is pressed down or released.

Comment

Maybe set [Toggle] flag for [ALT] key and have it mapped to [TAB] key via [Release Press] activator? Though this will add an unnecessary [TAB] input for the second [ALT] press, but once [Combo] will be available for all activators, that won't be a problem.

Comment

using your suggestion kicks me out of the alt tab menu after 3000ms even with turbo.
              Hey there!

You just need to add a bigger pause — if you use Turbo, then the combo will be stopped after you release a button always. So, this pause should be long — longer than you could imagine pressing this button.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

Hey there!

You just need to add a bigger pause — if you use Turbo, then the combo will be stopped after you release a button always. So, this pause should be long — longer than you could imagine pressing this button.
                Thanks for the help, it kicks me out of the menu every second use. TBH im not looking for a workaround, the thread exists to rethink the underlying implementation for the devs:

1) combine 'hold until release' with 'execute at once' functionality, so they can be used at the same time.
                2) or add ability to manually override if something is pressed down or released.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bestideaever View Post
                  A [Combo] with [Turbo] flag set for it already repeats the combo until a button is released. Long pause at the end prevents the repeat function allowing to use only the "until released" part. If you require different behavior, please provide more details on it.

Originally Posted by Bestideaever View Post
                  This is already on our to-do list.

Comment

Working...
                  X