Global Shift Layer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Shift Layer

Similar to Steam Inputs global "chorded guide button" config, allow us to designate one shift layer (with user defined shift key) as global that will apply regardless of the currently active profile. My use case for this is that I maintain a "system functions" shift layer on all of my profiles to do things like control my podcast/music player, start my game launcher, trigger home automation actions and other types of background tasks that will never vary game-to-game. Currently if I make a change to this profile I do so on my default desktop profile and then use that as the basis for any game specific profiles I create in the future, but obviously doing it this way does not update older game profiles that have inherited this shift layer when I originally copied it in.

Ideally this would be a separately configured layer profile, but if not allow us to dedicate one of the 5 standard layers to this function and have that persist across all profiles.

Hello!

Thank you for your suggestion — this function could be pretty useful, just I am not sure how it could be implemented in reWASD. We will certainly check what is possible to do here.

I think your idea about the desktop config (that could be applied to Slot 2-4) may be a great substitution at this moment. Please check this guide about how to use Slots, I think they may help.

Comment

What I do for this same exact use case is have an "Auxiliary Bindings" config. Whenever I make a new config I simply copy the Shift 0 of this config to the Shift 4 of my next config and set the Home button as the shift modifier. This process is sort of like your idea of basing every new config from your "System Functions" config but mine gives me the ability to use my FPS or Point 'n' Click foundation/skeleton configs as a starting point when I need to.

Comment

Working...
      X