Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DualShock3 Virtual Controller

I hope you are still working on DS3

Why is it important? It is the only controller that have gyro, pressure sensitivity, rumble - for complete compatibility with PS2 and PS3 emulators (pcsx2 and rpcs3)

At the moment the best solution is DsHidMini, but it has it minor inconveniences: (1) need to switch it on and off ... if its turn on, other controllers cannot connect to bluetooth ... (2) need to switch PS2 and PS3 mode

Both those action require to run DsHidMini tool with admin rights (aka not easy to script for automation).

Make no mistake ... i am forever grateful to @nefarius for DsHidMini as its amazing and totally free

Ideally, need 2 virtual controllers mode:
    • SDF: the controller is presented as one "almost"-DirectInput-compatible HID device with pressure sensitive features exposed as additional sliders. PCSX2 uses this mode
    • SXS: emulate Sony sixaxis driver. RPCS3 uses this mode
    more info on this HID Device Modes Explained - Virtual Gamepad Emulation Framework (vigem.org)

Having virtual controllers for these, enables emulation of them by other controllers for use with PCSX2 and RPCS3. For example, pressing A followed by Right Trigger can emulate pressure sensitivity of A depending on position of Right Trigger.

Hello!
    Thank you for your suggestion. We are working on adding virtual DS3, but there is no ETA yet. We will notify you as soon as it becomes available.

Comment

Hello!

I read that next in the queue for virtual controller will be PlayStation's 3 gamepad. Great! Virtual DS3 Controller will be a huge thing as it was the last controller with pressure sensitive buttons and motion control at once. I have a few ideas how it can work. Having such virtual controller can even help emulation scene to support pressure sensitivity as implementing DualShock 3 support can properly work for PS2, PS3 and even Xbox OG (if they will decide to add support there) emulators. I think it's a good way to go with updates.

The most important will be possibility to use controllers with PC applications. I would like to see these applications work fine with this virtual controller:
      • GInput (DsHidMini is compatible with SCP Driver API, so it should be possible in reWASD too)
      • PS Now App
      • PCSX2
      • RPCS3
      • BONUS: maybe compatibility with PlayStation 3 console like Virtual Switch Controller is compatible with Nintendo Switch will be nice.
      ReWASD is detecting applications automatically, so it should not be a problem to change DS3 emulation modes which tij mentioned. Eg. PCSX2 profile will activate controller in SDF mode, RPCS3 profile will turn on with SXS mode. I hope it will be possible to make virtual controller compatible with GInput for GTA III, GTA VC and GTA SA too. DsHidMini last year restored this compatibility and I would like to use it. Even original DualShock 3 controller would be beneficial, as we will not need any third party solutions, just reWASD. DS3 CEMU hook probably is not needed, as we have it already in DS4 emulation.

I like the idea about pressure sensitivity emulation with triggers. But other possibility can be increasing pressure sensitivity over time (pressure sensitivity from 0% to 100% in provided time when button is pressed - useful with car games). And other idea can be using modifiers on keyboard or controllers with back buttons, eg. shift for high press, ctrl low press, no modifier - medium press. It can work fine. Unfortunately, not so easy to achieve with controllers without additional buttons, they will need triggers or sensitivity over time solutions.

If it works, maybe later will be possible to implement in reWASD support for Xbox OG controller and DualShock 2 for pressure sensitivity as they are not compatible with Ginput, PS Now and PlayStation emulators yet. And the best about this Virtual DS3 is that DualShock 4 and DualSense have better gyro than DualShock 3, so for sure it will be pleasure to use them with old games which are compatible only with DS3. Thank you for making our "controller dreams" true.

Comment

Hello!

Will ensure that we have checked the apps you mentioned, thank you. The ability to create an External virtual controller will be also possible

I think pretty everything you describe should be working. Hope it won't take long to implement!

maybe later will be possible to implement in reWASD support for Xbox OG controller and DualShock 2
        Are you about the physical controllers? You can use DS2 controller with reWASD if it is connected to the PC via adapter. This way the controller is detected as PS3, so the sensitive buttons are also here. Never tested Xbox OG though

Comment

Hello!

The Virtual DS3 controller is here, in reWASD 6.3, please check once you have time

Please check more details about PCSX2 in this post.

Comment

Great month for PlayStation 2 emulation! ReWASD added Virtual DS3 controller, SDL implemented pressure-sensitive buttons in their library and on 1st October we are getting RetroAchievements for PS2 emulator. These achievements are for sure good reason to come back to PS2 retro games and a having Virtual DS3 controller will only make this experience better. Thank you for good timing! 😁

Comment

Working...
            X