Audible cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audible cues

Since I'm still exploring the software I apologize in advance if this is already a thing but I couldn't find any setting I could use.

I'm having trouble with the overlay not showing over some applications/games (tried DX11 with no luck) but I mostly just need it to let me know on which Shift mode I'm on. Would be nice if we could set a distinct sound effect for each mode and possibly other relevant settings like slot changes, combo triggers, etc.

Using an Xbox Series X controller on latest firmware I was able to use the led as notification but that's only working via usb and not bluetooth, since I connect it almost exclusively that way it's not a viable solution either. Are you able to manipulate the led over bt?

On Windows 11 if it's relevant.

Hello!

Indeed, the overlay may not be shown in full-screen games as it is required to inject to the app which may not be allowed. Your suggestion about audible notifications should work, and we do plan something like this in the future releases. As for LED, it is not reported via Bluetooth, and there is nothing we could to make it work with this connection type.

At the moment, I would recommend that you use Rumble together with Shift Jumps — and then your controller will vibrate each time you switch to the new layer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0fa75a131a.png
Views:	242
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	231813

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

Indeed, the overlay may not be shown in full-screen games as it is required to inject to the app which may not be allowed. Your suggestion about audible notifications should work, and we do plan something like this in the future releases. As for LED, it is not reported via Bluetooth, and there is nothing we could to make it work with this connection type.

At the moment, I would recommend that you use Rumble together with Shift Jumps — and then your controller will vibrate each time you switch to the new layer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0fa75a131a.png
Views:	242
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	231813

Hi there,

I've used your suggested method and it's good, but I agree with the OP. I'd just like to piggy back off that great idea [and your awesome workaround] by suggesting you guys add the ability to set a constant rumble while any of the alternate layers are active. We can already use combos to configure everlasting rumble, so this wouldn't be too different and would serve as a great indicator i.e. different rumble strengths can then be used for different layers, combo-like settings can make rumble pulsing for layers, etc.

Thanks for listening

Comment

Hello!

Thanks for the suggestion. May I ask which Shift modes do you use? Hold or all of them?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
          Hello!

Thanks for the suggestion. May I ask which Shift modes do you use? Hold or all of them?
          Not sure if you were asking me, but I use the rumbling analog sticks on a shift phase that I toggle to, but I also have Hold shift modes for other layers. The rumble serves to remind me when I'm still in the alt layer.
          Outside of that I use rumbled combos for certain macros as an indicator that they're active.

Comment

Got it, thank you for the details!

This feature sounds pretty useful, though I am not sure when we will be able to release it. Stay tune for the updates!

Comment

Working...
            X