Virtual Gyro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Gyro

I'm not sure I totally understand the concept of virtual controllers but I was thinking maby this can be done somehow. When using the PS3 emulator RPCS3, the only way to use gyro is if you use a PS controller. You can't use the mouse or anything like that. Some games require you to shake the controller, thus making it impossible to progress if you don't use a PS controller. Would it be possible to somehow use a mouse or a keyboard or a controller to create a virtual PS3 controller and "shake" by pressing a button or key?

Hey there! Yes, we have this idea in mind. I think we will start from PS4 controller's gyro emulation, but virtual PS3 controller is also in our to-do list.

Stay tuned for the updates!

Comment

That sounds fantastic. Thank you.

Comment

I think we will need new action set buttons for gyro control. It can be useful, because not always games use every gyro motion. And we would be able to have something like Descent games had in their control manual. We were able to move in every direction. Even if needed it's possible to create whole layer with full gyro control only and we can jump between normal control and gyro layer via back button or one keyboard key (eg. caps lock).

Descent games had something like this:
        Left - Turn left
        Right - Turn Right
        Up - Pitch down
        Down - Pitch up
        LShift - Accelerate
        LCtrl - Reverse
        E - Bank right
        Q – Bank Left
        D - Slide right
        A - Slide Left
        W - Slide up
        S - Slide down

For sure virtual gyro can be useful to play some PlayStation's or Nintendo's games.

Comment

Thank you for the post, sounds cool indeed. Maybe you have some examples of the games that use the gyro fully like you describe? Would be helpful during our tests.

Comment

Working...
          X