2D Steering or Winding Stick Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2D Steering or Winding Stick Steering

I have found interesting feature for racing games. Fortnite implemented recently 2D Steering in cars and it feel really cool.
    In short it work like this: using LT/RT for acceleration and moving left stick in circles imitating steering wheel moving in car. Tested this and driving immersion is much better.

Here you can find videos how it works in action:

Fortnite:

JSM:

Worth to check.

We have noticed that tweet too Yep, this thing worth checking. At the moment, I am not sure how it works and if it is easy enough to implement, but we will definitely do some research.
    Thank you for the review!

Comment

One more feature video for people who does not know about 2D steering yet. Here is nice presentation how looks using 2D steering with the stick input viewer active:

It can give better results for precise steering with less precise controllers or devices with big deadzone on right stick. RS full press ahead is usually working very good in every controller and small moving left and right will result in the same movement like moving RS on X-axis (which usually has inner deadzones).

Additionally just moving on X axis can work too (like on this presentation) making racing games more comfortable. For fast turning - just move stick left or right, to go to precise mode - move stick up and then left and right for precise adjustments (including full rotation).

Very cool feature worth to make it famous.

Comment

Looks so flawless on the video! Thanks, hope we will be able to add this feature to reWASD too, but I can't tell any estimated release date for now. Stay tuned

Comment

Working...
        X