Macro enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macro enhancements

Hi! Thanks for making reWASD! I have recently started using this software and so far I think that it's awesome (especially the recent Nintendo Switch support)!

I have been trying to create a macro script to automate a particular part of a game (BOTW), and I have thought of a few things that I would love to have for macros.

The first thing is loops. These would work by selecting a set of keys in the macro to be contained within the loop, and then setting the number of times to loop. This would be distinct from the iterations option because it would only apply to part of the macro instead of the whole thing.

The next thing I would love to have is re-usable sections. Basically this would let you select part of a macro to be grouped together and optionally named. Ideally you could then re-use this section multiple times in the macro. You could also edit the contents of the section after creating it. It would also be nice if you could have sections within sections, although I understand if this becomes too complicated...

The last thing I think would be helpful is a macro library, where you could store macros separately to the profiles they are used in. As an extension of this, there could also be an additional section of the website for community macro scripts, where people could share their macros without needing to share an entire profile. I imagine something like this would be integrated into the existing community section.

Thank you again for creating such awesome software! I look forward to hearing back on these ideas.

Hello! Thank you for the feedback.

Could you please specify what exactly you mean by loops? In reWASD, we have "break" control for Combos, and it will let you separate the combo sequence so each new button press will execute the next part of the combo. Iterations will also work together with breaks — the part between two breaks will be repeated if you set Iterations > 1.

You may learn more about breaks in our help guide.

Or maybe you are about to "loop" a part of the combo, repeat it a few times and then continue to emulate the full sequence? If yes, then at the moment, you can just add the relevant number of the parts that should be repeated manually.

As for other ideas you mention, indeed, would be cool to have a library for combos or parts of them to be able to use in other configs. We have this idea in mind, but I am not sure if we could implement it soon. Still, please stay tuned!

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Or maybe you are about to "loop" a part of the combo, repeat it a few times and then continue to emulate the full sequence? If yes, then at the moment, you can just add the relevant number of the parts that should be repeated manually.
      Yes this is what I mean by loop. I understand that you can manually repeat stuff right now, I just feel that it would aid in readability to have loops, especially for large sections that repeat or sections that repeat many times. It would also make it easier to edit the contents of the repeating section.

Comment

Thank you, the suggestion is taken into account!

Comment

Working...
        X