SteelSeries Rival mice and haptic feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteelSeries Rival mice and haptic feedback

The SteelSeries Rival mice have a motor for haptic feedback (called "tactile alerts", I think). Sadly, this feature is only available through proprietory add-ons for each individual game.

I would find it incredible, if reWASD could somehow add support for this haptic feedback. The games have this information as rumble feature already for controllers, so perhaps it can be expanded to the Rival mice series in some degree?

Mind you, I don't want my mouse to jump around on its own on my desk! But subtle haptic feedback when being hit, or when being in close vicinity of a secret would be wonderful.

Thanks for considering.

But subtle haptic feedback when being hit, or when being in close vicinity of a secret would be wonderful.
    This kind of feedback can only be provided by the game.

The best reWASD might be able to do is to redirect the virtual controller vibration triggered by the game to this mouse.
    We'll check if this is possible once we get a chance to test this mouse.

Comment

I remember I was interested in Rival 700 because of these vibration output. But when I found that it does not support xinput and there is no program which translates it directly, I gave up. CSGO, DotA 2 and Minecraft are too small number of games which supports this feature to be convinced to use this mouse. For sure I will give this device second chance when reWASD will implement this vibration translation. It could be nice feature and something fresh for PC gamers.

Here is Gamesense SDK which is used by this mouse:
      Contribute to SteelSeries/gamesense-sdk development by creating an account on GitHub.

I imagine this support like this: vibration bar to set how strong vibration can be set. Vibrations will be assigned to virtual controller, but rest of mouse can work like normal mouse (exception if we want to remap mouse to full virtual controller). With Xinput support, this mouse has much more sense, but vibrations cannot be too strong, to not impact aim too much.

This mouse has LED panel, but I'm not sure if it can be controllable.

Comment

The mouse looks pretty powerful, would be interesting to check it.

Comment

Working...
        X