Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Controller Support

Hello,

I have one controller which is very not easy to use for Windows 10/11. It's Xbox Controller. I do not have the original one, but the same drivers are working for every clone which is connected to PC via Xbox adapter. And there is a problem with drivers for them. The best one is XBCD but requires running windows in "disable driver signature enforcement", which is not safe and annoying. Another one is the Mayflash Tigergame Xbox joystick driver, which works even without a Mayflash adapter. On their websites are extended lists of VIDs&PIDs that are supported. But then the problem is that drivers are not working with remapping software and the most annoying is that pressure-sensitive buttons are not fully supported. Both drivers can utilize only 2 of 8 pressure-sensitive face buttons. The rest is treated like digital buttons. The most comfortable in use is Xb2XInput but then we do not have pressure-sensitivity except triggers (as XInput only supports them). Creator states that he sees pressure-sensitive values, but cannot use them properly due to XInput limitation.

So, in this case, we have three imperfect drivers which require manual work with them. One is an out-of-the-box solution but without pressure sensitivity face buttons. Others support max. 2 additional buttons. It is a big waste for this controller. Luckily open-sourced emulators Cxbx-Reloaded and Xemu are fully supporting Xbox Controllers with their pressure sensitivity.

Maybe it will be possible to use Xb2XInput and emulator experiences to implement perfect reWASD support for this controller? If it will work perfectly like DualShock 3 I would be very happy. In the future, it could be used properly even with DualShock 3 virtual driver if it will be released.

Click image for larger version

Name:	450px-Xbox_Controller_S.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	232553

Generally, can be easily remapped to a virtual Xbox 360 controller. It has vibrations, it has the same amount of buttons (white and black buttons can be remapped to LB RB). The only one difference is that Xbox 360 controller has two analog triggers, but Xbox Controller has analog triggers + 6 pressure-sensitive buttons (A, B, X, Y, black, white). I think this last feature is making this controller unique and fits with reWASD support plans (DS3 has already pressure-sensitive buttons in reWASD; the virtual DS3 controller will be able to work better with this controller). Additionally, Xbox Controller clones are easily available in shops, so proper PC support may make them more popular. I have checked my controller with all three drivers and they works properly, but it's unable to remap them in reWASD and their not full support is not satisfying me.

If not possible to implement full support for this controller, maybe it will be possible to add support for XBCD driver, so I will be able to use unused DirectInput axes for my configs.

Controller has:
    • 2 × analog sticks (8-bit precision)
    • 2 × analog triggers: L, R
    • 6 × pressure-sensitive buttons: 𝐀, 𝐁, 𝐗, 𝗬, ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ, ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ
    • 4 × digital buttons: sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ, LS, RS
    • 4 × digital directional buttons (d-pad): ↑, ↓, ←, →
    Open Sources:

Hello!

Unfortunately, we have never got a chance to test this gamepad, although it would be pretty exciting. The older controller gets, the harder it is to get a copy.

I can't promise that we will be able add support for this one, but we always try to add more and more supported devices to reWASD, so stay tuned

Comment

I see that RetroFighters have released new Xbox OG controller with pressure-sensitive buttons support. It should be compatible with all older controllers too. 😁

Comment

Working...
      X