Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Wiimotes through the Dolphin bar

Hey y'all,

Let me start off by saying, yes, I know this was in some form already requested in the past, but my suggestion has bit of a different angle to it.

The Wii remote is, in my opinion, a very much underrated controller and could be utilized on PC in a myriad of ways. Especially for genres like Point & Click and other interface heavy games. But perhaps even for first-person shooters and the like?
    I was thinking it may be feasible to tap into the Mayflash DolphinBar, which probably most people interested in Wii emulation and using the Wiimote already own.

I really do believe the infrared technology would be a more natural control method for pointing, than for example a Joy-con using Gyro.
    Just for clarification's sake, I'm exclusively talking about the motion-control part of the Wiimote, not about using it sideways as a regular controller.

Yeah, that's about it I guess. I'd sure love to have that feature and maybe you'd like the challenge of implementing it? Just kidding. But what do you think?

Regards!

Hello!

Interesting idea, thank you for sharing. We do plan to support Wii controllers, but our idea is to support them via Bluetooth.

The infrared connection is considered too, just can't tell anything exact at the moment. Stay tuned for the updates!

Comment

Sound like a good idea. I saw on YouTube how some people are playing FPS like Doom with Wiimote+Nunchuck. They were using open-source application Touchmote. Maybe it will be useful with implementing this idea. Looks really impressive:

Open-sources: https://github.com/simphax/Touchmote/
      FPS fork: https://github.com/flytech01/Touchmote

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
        Hello!

Interesting idea, thank you for sharing. We do plan to support Wii controllers, but our idea is to support them via Bluetooth.

The infrared connection is considered too, just can't tell anything exact at the moment. Stay tuned for the updates!
        That's great to hear, you're doing one hell of a job with the software!

Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
        Sound like a good idea. I saw on YouTube how some people are playing FPS like Doom with Wiimote+Nunchuck. They were using open-source application Touchmote. Maybe it will be useful with implementing this idea. Looks really impressive:
        Yeah, I've seen videos like this too and have tried various projects aiming to get Wiimotes to work, but they were all quite finicky, so I felt it wasn't worth the trouble.
        Looks real good though, the videos you posted I mean.

Comment

+1 we need support for wiimotes via the dolphin bar or bluetooth (the dolphin bar pairs the wiimotes via its own bluetooth too I think), currently in dolphin bar mode 3 it says unsupported device in rewasd, imagine how awesome would be playing the house of the dead remake in Steam with a wiimote plus the lightgun mount with 2 players.

Comment

Working...
          X