Some suggestions about various things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some suggestions about various things

Hi! I started using REWASD recently for design purposes, mainly 3d modeling and Photoshop editing, and I found some things I would like to add.

Even when writing a lot, the program already solved 95% of my problems and even showed me how to reach 100% with these options:

1. When the sticks come to rest position, have a keystroke assigned. Activators for the stick would work all the same.
    Currently, I use the stick to change active tools.
    Due to the stick's soft nature achieving a clean input is difficult. I had to map the main tool (brush)to a button and actively press it.
    It would be perfect if each time I end the input, some key-bind was activated.

2. The possibility of having the descriptions on the overlay.
    As you can toggle between "show mapping" and "show descriptions" when in the configuration of devices would be nice to have the same option on the mapping overlay.
    On the same note, the option to hide muted keys from the overlay or default ones to simplify something that´s taking screen space.

3. Radial menus and respective overlay!
    Can't even mention how useful would they be.
    a. Radial menu could be bound with shift jumps. I know that in theory, a combo whit stick directions is usable for this, but they are difficult to nail down the execution, they require timing and are awkward in this situation.
    b. The overlay could show them, a major problem with having lots of macros is that you sometimes forgot them. With a radial menu, you could set them up, remember the button that brings them up, and then use the stick to pick the one you want.

4. the last one is to have the ability to mute keys when another is pressed.
    Is a real nitpick option but sometimes, when I slip up and press a modifier key like ctrl, and I have z somewhere for the zoom in Photoshop and not to use them in conjunction, I end up messing my workflow. Other times I end up activating who knows what obscure tools.

Thanks for reading by. Sorry for my bad English.

-Sent from a prehistoric stone tablet by Ignacio Meroni.

Hello!
    1. Is this mapping only supposed to work at the end of a stick movement? You can add a mapping to the low zone of the stick, it will be activated every time the stick moves in that zone.
    2. Already in our plans, but no ETA. For now, mappings and descriptions have separate overlays but replace each other when activated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	233334

3. Do you mean a visual radial menu shown when you press the desired button?
    4. We have similar plans. We will let you know if it appears.

Comment

Hi! Thanks for the response!!
      I'll continue the numeration format.
      You have already tackled two items to perfection.

1. Tried to use zones, but messy results came. Outputs end up not meeting the desired outcome by being pressed a lot / multiple times / long times. The possibility to set a bind to an unused stick would mean resetting defaults and giving the user the confidence that when leaving the stick alone, the desired outcome will default itself.
      The option to un-press a button needs to be easier than pressing it.

2. My bad, fantastic feature! (solved)

3. Yes, a lot of macro keypads and tablet macro managers have the option to set a visual radial menu. It is widely used for games too. The overlay system and shifts are already a visual display, but radial menus are faster than a list and easier when muscle memory is not there yet.
      Not for nothing that Fallout creator patented it when it came out, and fps games use them for faster shop interactions.
      Sometimes having to adapt one feature to fill the function for another is a toxic way of solving things.Being a blender user for a long time tought me that the hard way.

4. Great to hear. I'll be checking patch notes when they come out! (solved)

Comment

1. I suppose this might be possible to implement if we were to:
        • allow the dead zone of a stick to be remapped.
        • add activators to the stick zones: inside the zone, on zone entry, when leaving the zone.
        • add a wait-timer option for the activators, so the mapping would not fire when you move the stick to the opposite side.
        Sounds possible in theory, though we'd still have to think it over with the team, so I can't promise if it would be implemented any time soon or at all.

3. We have plans to implement the radial menu, though those plans are for the very far future, as we have a few more big things to make first (can't tell what they are yet).

Comment

1. It sounds like activators give two different solutions, but, on the other hand, the dead zone feels more intuitive to me. I hope that gets implemented.

3. When the big things arrive, ill remember both RAM Stealer and you, Shion.

I feel Listened to and compelled to keep using REwasd for a long time. Thanks to both!

Comment

Working...
          X