Add "Scroll Wheel" feature for Steam Controller trackpads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add "Scroll Wheel" feature for Steam Controller trackpads

Hello! I found a similar request here, but this is a features that not even Steam has implemented and is for a scroll wheel on the physical thumbsticks: Suggestion: Analog stick 'Mousewheel' mode - reWASD Forum

My request is to add a feature to allow continuous scrolling in either clockwise or counter-clockwise touch movements on the Steam Controller trackpads. I don't feel like I have to describe it much more because I just want it the way that Steam does it now, which you can see for yourself assuming you have a Steam Controller to test with. I'm just using reWASD instead because (1) I can't get Steam's controller settings to work for Xbox Game Pass games, and (2) reWASD has better Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 than Steam does.

I understand that because Steam Controller is a niche and shrinking market because it is no longer being produced and sold, so this may not seem viable to work on, but Valve will probably release another Steam Controller 2 at some point, although we have no confirmation of this yet. Also, the Steam Deck is a growing market, although it runs Linux. If you decide to support Linux in the future, this may be a popular feature there.

A possible workaround to make this work is if I could somehow unassign anything to a trackpad and let Steam's controller configuration take over for that mouse scroll wheel functionality, and let reWASD do all the rest, but I haven't been able to figure this out.

Hello! Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider your idea for future updates.

Comment

Working...
    X