Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Request] PS2 Controller Adapter

Greetings!

Hope it's okay to request a device here rather than through the e-mail form.

I have an USB Adapter which connects two wired PS2 controllers as d-input controllers. Unfortunately there is no brand name on it or anything specific to go by. The device is called 'Twin USB Joystick' when connected to Windows.
    Don't know what else I should provide, so please tell me how I can help further.
    While I acknowledge that there are more elegant ways to connect controllers from the DualShock family, the reason I request it is because that would enable me to connect my dance mat and an arcade stick I own from the PS2 days, and possibly other special controllers.

If there is already support for another PS2 USB adapter, I'd be interested to know which one it is.

And while I'm on the topic, I'm generally curious why there is no catch all solution for d-input controllers.

Thanks for your attention and a great day to y'all

Hello

Thank you for your suggestion.

reWASD already supports for PS2 Controller Adapter. You should use this converter. As you connect ps2 controller via converter, reWASD recognizes your controller as PlayStation 3 / DualShock 3.

Also, reWASD can recognize some controllers that aren't in the list as the Xbox 360 only if it has the X-input mode.​

Comment

Thanks for the response. I've ordered the adapter you linked.

But can you maybe elaborate what's preventing you from implementing a general support for D-input devices? Hope I don't come across as entitled, because I really just lack the knowledge to properly assess the difficulty of such a task and am genuinely curious about it. All I know is, there is software like XOutput which can turn any D-input device into an X-input one, which means it's possible realize it. That particular software had some downsides for me though, which is why I couldn't use it.

But I just thought that would be a nice feature for reWASD. To connect basically any D-input device and turn it into a modern gaming peripheral.

Comment

Good to know which converter works great with reWASD. Time to exchange my faulty one (Xinput) to OSTENT one.

Comment

Originally Posted by davydave View Post
          Thanks for the response. I've ordered the adapter you linked.

But can you maybe elaborate what's preventing you from implementing a general support for D-input devices? Hope I don't come across as entitled, because I really just lack the knowledge to properly assess the difficulty of such a task and am genuinely curious about it. All I know is, there is software like XOutput which can turn any D-input device into an X-input one, which means it's possible realize it. That particular software had some downsides for me though, which is why I couldn't use it.

But I just thought that would be a nice feature for reWASD. To connect basically any D-input device and turn it into a modern gaming peripheral.
          As far as I understand, XOutput simply detects a device on the system, and lets you convert its input to an X-input.
          The difficulty is that reWASD is designed to remap physical devices.
          That is, it is not enough that the controller is visible in the system. It should also be fully supported in reWASD. Yes, so that all of its physical buttons are clearly detected in the GUI and can be reassigned.
          We cannot support many D-input devices for various reasons. And in order to implement this support, it is necessary to collect additional information, starting with connection logs.​

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
            reWASD already supports for PS2 Controller Adapter. You should use this converter. As you connect ps2 controller via converter, reWASD recognizes your controller as PlayStation 3 / DualShock 3.
            The adapter arrived today, but reWASD doesn't recognize it as a supported device. What seems to be the problem?

Comment

Please follow all steps described in this short video.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

However, the adapter is not listed as "Wireless controller for Playstation 3" in the Device Manager. It's listed as 'HID-compliant game controller' and already has a driver installed. I still tried installing the 'USB Input Device' driver, but it doesn't work.

Comment

Hello! We have updated reWASD today, please check how the new version works with your device.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                    Hello! We have updated reWASD today, please check how the new version works with your device.
                    Unfortunately still nothing.

Comment

Are there any next steps we could take to get this to work? I'm a bit bummed out, since I bought that specific adapter solely because you recommended it and I have no use for it as long as it's not working with reWASD (since I already had a d-input adapter supporting two controllers simultaneously).

Comment

We had the same adapter and everything worked fine. Weird.
                        Please check joy.cpl to see how (and if) Windows recognizes your device (this is a native Windows tool that displays all the connected devices). Open Windows search (by pressing Win keyboard button, for example), enter joy.cpl and press Enter.​

Comment

Sure thing.

It says "PS3/PC Gamepad".
                          And as previously mentioned, in the device manager it's listed as "HID-compliant game controller", nothing more.

Comment

Thank you.
                            Also, I need to collect logs of the connection. Here is how:
                            1. Unplug/disconnect all physical controllers and their adapters, if present.
                            2. Run reWASD as Administrator.
                            3. Open 'Preferences > General', select 'Standard logging' with 'Service/Driver logs' only.
                            4. Click the 'Start log' button and leave 'Preferences'.
                            5. Connect your adapter and wait a few seconds until it appears as a new device at the bottom left corner of the app.
                            6. Go to 'Preferences > General' again and click the 'Stop log' button.
                            7. In the message that will appear, click 'Open file location', find the archive that was created last, and send it to us.

If you have accidentally closed the message, you can still find the archive in ​the C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs folder.
                            ​

Comment

My mate advised me to try to delete your adapter from Device Manager and replug once again.

Comment

Working...
                              X