Support for Analogue Triggers on Switch PRO controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Analogue Triggers on Switch PRO controllers

Nintendo Switch PRO controllers do not have analogue triggers (ZR and ZL). But some third party Switch PRO controllers do, eg 8bitdo PRO2 (https://www.8bitdo.com/pro2/), GameSir T4 PRO (https://www.gamesir.hk/collections/g...gamesir-t4-pro).

Analogue triggers are pretty much useless on Switch itself, but for PC its a bonus (especially for driving games). Third party Switch PRO controllers can connect to PC as XInput and expose analogue trigger, but XInput does not support gyro (also interesting feature for driving games).

Steam supports both gyro and analogue triggers on controllers connected as Switch PRO. But I am trying to completely move away from Steam controller environment to ReWASD.

Please support for Analogue Triggers on Switch PRO controllers in reWASD ... thanks for considering it

It's good idea. It's not like on Nintendo Switch analog triggers are not useful. I have GRID Autosport and Trials Raising. I saw that Super Mario 3D All Stars and Mario Sunshine added GameCube controller support for analogue triggers too. I wanted to play them with normal triggers, but buying specially another controller for few games seems useless for me. Instead of I would like to use reWASD to connect my Xbox Elite controller or DualSense and play comfortable my GRID and Trials.

Sources:
    Joycons and Pro controllers no longer have analog triggers. But if you connect a Gamecube controller to the switch, you can use the analog trigger in some games, e.g. Trials Rising & GRID Autosport...

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. We will think about how it can be implemented.

Comment

Originally Posted by tij View Post
        Nintendo Switch PRO controllers do not have analogue triggers (ZR and ZL). But some third party Switch PRO controllers do, eg 8bitdo PRO2 (https://www.8bitdo.com/pro2/), GameSir T4 PRO (https://www.gamesir.hk/collections/g...gamesir-t4-pro).

Analogue triggers are pretty much useless on Switch itself, but for PC its a bonus (especially for driving games). Third party Switch PRO controllers can connect to PC as XInput and expose analogue trigger, but XInput does not support gyro (also interesting feature for driving games).

Steam supports both gyro and analogue triggers on controllers connected as Switch PRO. But I am trying to completely move away from Steam controller environment to ReWASD.

Please support for Analogue Triggers on Switch PRO controllers in reWASD ... thanks for considering it
        Sorry for bumping an old post, but

Can you confirm that the GameSir T4 Pro have analog triggers in Switch mode when using Steam?
        I have an Easy SMX Pro Controller (appears to be a copy of the GameSir T4 Pro) and even with Steam analog triggers only work in Xinput mode (which means no Gyro, and swapping modes means repairing BT). They show up has triggers in Steam when in Switch mode but only show 0 or the max for input.

Ideally I'm looking for something that does analog triggers (at least in Steam) and Gyro (for use with Cemu/Yuzu) without the need to change modes.

Thanks.

Comment

In switch mode GameSir T4 Pro controller will be recognized as Switch PRO controller in reWASD. As far as I remember, Switch PRO controller has digital back triggers, so I cannot confirm that the GameSir T4 Pro have analog triggers in Switch mode when using Steam

Comment

Thanks, in regular windows my controller (which seems like a GameSir T4 Pro clone) its recognized has a switch pro controller in switch mode, but you only get digital triggers despite it physically having analog ones. You need to change to Xinput to get analog triggers. It appears based on the OP's post that analog triggers should work in Switch mode (at least in Steam, which is good enough for me), since that isn't the case with my clone controller, I'm just trying to figure out if it's because I have a crappy clone or if they actually don't work in steam (when in switch mode).

Guess I might have to just order one and see.

Comment

If, by default, triggers do not have an analog property in Steam without applying the reWASD config, then most likely the issue is in the device itself.

Comment

Analog triggers in Switch Pro mode are not possible, they are reported only as buttons.

Comment

Originally Posted by DevX View Post
                  Analog triggers in Switch Pro mode are not possible, they are reported only as buttons.
                  This is correct for standard Switch Pro Controllers and the standard Switch Controller API. But Steam has the ability to add extended features to certain controllers (this is why the touchpad on DS4 controllers works automagically has a mouse in Steam but doesn't in Windows unless you install additional software).
                  Based on the original post it appears this functionality of Steam (that is being requested to be added to reWASD) allows 3rd party Pro Controllers (like the GameSir T4 Pro) that feature physical analog triggers to have them work has analog triggers within Steam.

I'm just trying to find out if that information posted is accurate, since my clone of the GameSir T4 Pro doesn't function that way, but not sure if that's because its a bad clone or if its because the original post about it working in Steam with analog triggers isn't accurate.

Comment

reWASD supports standard Switch Pro controllers only - support for special clones which can have more axes or buttons is currently not planned, unless device can be switched to some special mode and detected by reWASD as new type of controller (eg. 'Switch Pro Advanced' or whatever).

Comment

So just an update, received my official GameSir T4 Pro and the analog triggers only work in Xinput mode not Switch mode even in Steam. So it seems like the OP was originally mistaken.
                      Currently I think the only devices that have analog triggers and gyro at the same time is a PS controller or Steam controller, which makes it very difficult to find a new controller with asymmetric analog sticks and in new condition.

Comment

... just checked my GameSir T4 Pro in Switch mode ... can confirm its triggers are digital in that mode ... my mistake

Comment

Yeah, I did investigation too, and probably only virtual GameCube controller would allow for analog trigger. 🙁

Comment

Working...
                          X