Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Button Shift (Button specific action toggles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Button Shift (Button specific action toggles)

I have managed to create, for a small set of buttons on my mouse, the ability to "toggle" two button states between normal and augmented operation.

Main: normal mouse function
    Shift-1: LMB Turbo (only)
    Shift-2: LMB Turbo + RMB "toggle pressed on press"
    Shift-3: RMB "toggle pressed" (only)

I can move around between these with the correct "shift mode" mapped explicitly in each shift to prev/next on my mouse, however, I have the desire to set more of these kinds of toggles. Every time I add a button/state change, because I must specify the entire mapping, the number of needed shifts doubles. (2 states -> 4 shifts as per the above, 3 states -> 8 shifts, 4 states -> 16 shifts)

I would like the ability to "mask" more than one shift onto main, or another feature entirely to change individual button states. However the ReWASD team wants to implement it, so long as the concept is available.

In the end, I would have (under the shift example):
    • Main: normal mouse function
    • Shift-1: LMB Turbo
    • Shift-2: RMB "Toggle Pressed"
    • Shift-3: (some other button thing)
    --
    In the Main profile:
    • NextMB: "Toggle" Shift-1 mask
    • PrevMB: "Toggle" Shift-2 mask
    • Shift-NextMB: "Toggle" Shift-3 mask

I'm just using the mouse buttons as examples, clearly ReWASDs "any button/key/whatever" goes concept is better. :-)

Not sure I understand your request.

You already can use an [Shortcut] as a Shift layer changer in reWASD 6.3.0.

We are planning to increase the number of available shift layers to 16 (including the main one) in future updates.

Comment

Thank you, Shion, I think it's going to take a bit for me to digest and experiment with shortcuts.
      That looks very promising. When I eventually figure it out, I'll report back.

Comment

Working...
      X