Keep mobile controller working when junior app is in the background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep mobile controller working when junior app is in the background

I'm streaming via moonlight to my tablet which has a controller attached to it. I only need the junior mobile controller for the gyro. However that stops as soon as I send the app to the background and open moonlight.

Could you please add an option to keep the app sending gyro data while in the backgroud?

Hello

Your user case sounds interesting. We will talk about it with the team.

Thank you so much

Comment

Oh, this is actually what I wanted to test in coming weekends and I did not have time yet. When I am streaming game to Steam Link (or Moonlight) on my smartphone I wanted to use only phone gyro. Luckily, I see that bigheadsk checked this and application is not sending gyro data during this time. ☹

Is it possible to add option to send gyro data in the background? Other android applications when they are in the background, displaying notification "Your phone is using bla bla feature right now. Do you want to close it?" And it's possible to close them in this way. Or maybe it's possible to display transparent rewasd junior overlay over Steam Link application? Motion controls are very important part of new reWASD Junior and it would be a big waste if they will not work during streaming. 😕

Comment

Your suggestion really makes sense. I forwarded your idea to our team.

Thank you again.

Comment

Hello again.

As a workaround, I would like to suggest trying to split the screen of your smartphone and minimalize the size of reWASD app as much as possible. Probably, you will be able to use a streaming service and reWASD at the same time in this way.

I've asked our dev team about the possibility to keep sending gyro data when the app is in the background. This is possible, in theory, but they need to make huge research about it. We will do our best.

Comment

Great to hear you're looking into the suggestion!

It certainly possible as there is already such solution but it only works in cemu/yuzu emulators:

I'm using it to play Zelda with working motion controls on my tablet with ipega 9086s controller attached. It was working so well that it got me searching for solution that would work on any game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2022-10-23-11-15-15-047_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	662.9 KB
ID:	234196

Comment

Thank you for the information!

Comment

Working...
              X