Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lack of this feature made me switch from using REWASD to using other software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lack of this feature made me switch from using REWASD to using other software

Accepting virtual inputs created by speech recognition programs like Voice Attack

First of all, I want to make it clear that this is constructive criticism!

I mean REWASD is amazing with everything it can do. I used it for XCloud for a long time until microsoft optimized XCloud for browsers and then I was able to use the service using the keyboard & mouse plugin. And that's where there is an advantage over REWASD: The fact that the plugin doesn't expect input from a physical device, it gives you the possibility to use voice commands with it. For example in Voice Attack I have 42 voice commands for Microsoft Flight simulator that are simply activated when I speak.

For example when I say "Gear Up", the voice attack presses the 1 and Z keys and my landing gear is raised.

This makes a HUGE difference in simulation games or other games that usually have very complex and varied commands.
    Unfortunately REWASD does not accept these commands as it expects physical input from the keyboard and mouse so I was forced to replace it with another one.

So I leave my suggestion: Implement a way for REWASD to accept these virtual inputs, this will make people not need to look for another app to be able to use voice commands

reWASD is designed to only process physical input from physically connected devices (with a few exceptions, it detects virtual devices that perfectly "pretend" to be physical)
    I'm not saying that your suggestion is unrealizable, but such a feature is not planned in the near future.

In any case, thanks for the suggestion! Stay tuned!​

Comment

I think about this suggestion in a bit different way. ReWASD is an excellent tool for managing macros. I think it's worth considering adding support for voice commands in the future. Looks like a good idea for a new rewasd feature. Something like Kinect was working on Xbox 360. Then virtual configs from VoiceBot or Voice Attack will be not even needed.

Few controllers like DualSense, Shield Controllers, Stadia, and Luna Controllers have in-built microphones, this feature can work great with them. ReWASD Junior can have access to the phone microphone too. Windows 10 an 11 have already Windows Speech Recognition API (configurable via (Start) > Settings > Time & language > Speech) which can be used in ReWASD. I think it works similarly in VoiceBot and Voice Attack as I had to use Microsoft voices. Speech could be one of the input sources and in reWASD could be reconfigurable like additional buttons for keyboard/mouse, including macros and virtual controllers inputs.

From voice input, we can have further benefits like skills for Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, where voice can be forwarded to reWASD and can work for running games, turning off computer, closing applications, quick saving etc. Can be a quite powerful feature. Maybe in the future...

Link: Speech, voice, and conversation in Windows 11 and Windows 10 - Windows apps | Microsoft Learn

Comment

Working...
      X