Game controller ID settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game controller ID settings

Hi, would it be possible to have reWASD have Windows keep the controller ID's the same on every startup?
    Windows has a tendency to sometimes change the controller ID's when it boots, so what we set as controller 1 may become controller 2 next time we boot up.

I'm currently using DEVreorder but I'm net sure it's working every time, so I usually rage quit the game (LOL) and turn off both controller mappings in reWASD and then reconnect them in the order I want. If reWASD could "force" them somehow to connect in the same order each time, it would save a lot of frustration.

Anyway, it's my first post here, so I would like to add my thanks for this fantastic piece of software, I'd used with other solutions before, but reWASD is just on another level. I wish I'd heard about it sooner!

Hello

I catch what you're talking about. Our team will take a look at your suggestion. Thank you

Comment

There is no such thing as controller number in Windows. It is up to application (game) to scan available controllers and reorder them according to some own criteria. Controllers can be accessed via many interfaces: Xinput, DirectInput etc, and they may appear differently depending on how application enumerates them. Many factors can affect this and it is beyond reWASD control unfortunately.

Comment

Okay, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Comment

Working...
        X