Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generic controller support

Hello,

Are there plans to support "custom" generic controllers? It would be a game changer for sim racer\flight with dumb steering wheels\button boxes to get all the advanced functionality of rewasd. Also virtual controller could potentially allow steering wheel changes without remapping in game buttons everytime which would be absolutely huge. I'm sure there's a bunch of other use cases for this, like custom controllers for people with accessibility issues etc.

Please please please

Hey there!

We have it on our to-do list. Something like a wizard that will remember the clicks of each button of any gamepad that is detected in the Windows system. However, it is still difficult to talk even about approximate dates.

As for support for flight sticks or steering wheels: this support is planned in a more realistic time frame.

Stay tuned.​

Comment

Nowadays there are so many XInput wrappers which are allowing to see generic controllers in reWASD as Xbox 360 controller, so we should get finally proper generic controller support. To skip this additional step.

For this I like how Steam Input and Gamepad Phoenix applications are recognizing generic controllers. I think reWASD should do it in this way, but with enhancements: when we are plugging unknown controller, we can start wizard where we can select one from virtual controllers supported by reWASD, and then by pressing buttons we are assigning them to virtual controller.
      Buttons are assigned to buttons, axes to axes. If axes (not buttons) are getting assigned to triggers, sticks or pressure-sensitive buttons we should be able to adjust thresholds where button is working. Xinput axes usually work different than DirectInput, so it would be possible to assign two different buttons to one axis - 0 to positive/negative numbers.
      There are controller which sends two signals in one press (eg. trigger is sending digital button and axis at once), so in this case reWASD shall let us select proper action button.

I have found nice list of controllers with mappings (b is buton, a is axis) which can be useful to prepare some autoconfigs: SDL_GameControllerDB

Comment

Working...
      X