emulate a virtual gyro on a physical mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emulate a virtual gyro on a physical mouse

Game: Rogue Company. it's a shooter. Gamepad players have a distinct advantage in aiming over PC mouse players. I tried to implement aiming through rewasd on the right stick - it turns out terribly and it is impossible to control such a sight. The aim assist works, but the gameplay is terrible. The mouse needs to be tied to the gyroscope, not to the right stick. This will greatly improve my aim, as well as increase my desire to donate for the development of the app
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-19 125753.png
Views:	561
Size:	547.3 KB
ID:	235252

Hey there!
    It's important to understand, that sticks do not work as the mouse does. To turn the character from side to side quickly, you need to hold the stick for some time at the maximum point of deflection. Which, in case of mapping the stick to physical mouse, is equal to slowly, but consistently, moving it in a certain direction.
    Please check out this video, we explain all the settings you can change (both in-game and in reWASD), and show how exactly the mouse remapped to a stick is different from the regular mouse.
    Also, here's the post where we describe all the settings that you can change to make mouse movement better
    Currently, reWASD can emulate a virtual gyroscope, only on devices that have a gyroscope. Perhaps in the future this will change and we will be able to emulate a virtual gyroscope on any device, but for now there is no ETA.

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
      Hey there!
      It's important to understand, that sticks do not work as the mouse does. To turn the character from side to side quickly, ... is no ETA.
      I understand how stick works. This is where all the inconvenience lies. The gyroscope can completely repeat the movements of the mouse, this is what I would like to see in your program. I don’t want to get used to the stick logic, it’s not convenient for me, I don’t understand how you can play on a gamepad at all.

I move the mouse by conditional 100 units, the gyroscope can completely repeat this movement exactly. the stick works differently, I move the conditional stick with the mouse, so I can't synchronize the mouse movement speed with the number of units. it's creepy, it's uncomfortable, it's annoying. I don't want to get used to this mechanic.

I believe that you are professionals and you will definitely add this option. I am sure that I am not the only one who will buy this software from you thanks to this option​

Comment

Originally Posted by TROCKII View Post

I understand how stick works. This is where all the inconvenience lies. The gyroscope can completely repeat the movements of the mouse, this is what I would like to see in your program. I don’t want to get used to the stick logic, it’s not convenient for me, I don’t understand how you can play on a gamepad at all.

I move the mouse by conditional 100 units, the gyroscope can completely repeat this movement exactly. the stick works differently, I move the conditional stick with the mouse, so I can't synchronize the mouse movement speed with the number of units. it's creepy, it's uncomfortable, it's annoying. I don't want to get used to this mechanic.

I believe that you are professionals and you will definitely add this option. I am sure that I am not the only one who will buy this software from you thanks to this option​
        As strokel mentioned, it is still difficult for us to give a time frame for the implementation of this idea. However, as soon as it is implemented, we will be happy to announce it.

Thanks for your suggestion.​

Comment

Working...
        X