Ability to do Text Blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to do Text Blocks

It would be cool if there was a simple way to do a text block. I use it with my Keyboard and Azeron Keypad for some programming and gaming and while text blocks can be done through Combo it takes some time to setup. I used to have an old Logitech G13 and you could enter in a text block and set an interval to happen between each of the letters and key presses. I think Razer has something like it now too but I don't use them anymore so I can't confirm. This is what the Logitech one looks like for reference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw.png
Views:	340
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	235821

You are right, it can be done through combos.

Could you clarify the nuances of the difference between the ready-made text blocks function and the ability to create similar in reWASD through combos?​

Comment

With Text blocks it would be useful for longer sets of text since with a combo each key is show as it's own press if you make an error you then have to comb through and find the mistake then adjust it manually. With the text block you can type in and see exactly what it's going to type out. For example I use if for For Loops in Javascipt a lot so that it can type out the text as if I'm typing it. I've used text expanders in the past but they always have odd formatting issues. I hope that makes sense?

Comment

Yes. The idea is interesting, but we cannot guarantee that it will be implemented in this form.

As for combos: if you record the text of the combo using the Record button in the combo editor, then the probability of a failure or mistake in writing the text will be minimal.
        The sequence and the pause between characters will be respected.​

In any case, thanks for the suggestion. We will discuss this with the team.

Comment

Great idea. It's really useful for longer sets of text.
          Last edited by Poitout; 13.06.2023, 15:32.

Comment

I was about to post this, but as there is already a post I will make an argument here to clarify why it is useful. I was also a user of logitech gaming software which has the text feature built in.

Using combos to enter text is very clunky as you have to get the button presses correct and press each individual key in the specific sequence that you require it to be entered. If you are playing online games there are usually multiple instances where text input is necessary. The main one for me is password entry, I usually use password generators to create my passwords so they are often long and complicated, having the ability to copy and paste my password to one of my keys on a shift bind will allow me to enter my games very quickly and I would avoid having to spend ages setting it up. Warframe, is an example of this, I had to use my g13 to enter my password and then switch to Rewasd to play but now I have put my g13 into storage and use an Azeron cyborg but I can't enter the password.

Another issue, using the same game as an example is using in game chat to type phrases that are used over and over again whilst in the hub and in actual games. Having a text block function will allow me to adjust the phrases quickly for example one hour I might write "WTB gun, sword and warframe" then the next I might want to write "WTB riven, augment and sentinel". Having a text block allows me to change it quickly and continually enter it into the public market chat. However, with combos I'd have to spend extra time making sure that it is executed correctly before I can use it.

I would really like to see this feature added. I have been wanting it for a while but had a work around with the Logitech G13 but now I don't use it at the moment.

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your inquiry and your expressed interest.
              We can't promise anything, but we'll discuss it with the team.

Comment

Hello, I would like to see the implementation of Text blokcs as well! It would make Text macros much easier to handle.
                One struggle I am facing a lot is that the text macros at the moment will type each letter individually. Even with a low delay as 10ms it is still some timke that needs to pass by to finish a text macro. And while the time itself might be insignificant for most people, if you press any other key while the macro is still typing (or accidentally move any stick that is set to WASD) then y our text macro will be screwed up and have random letters in it. At least make it possible to disable all user input until the macro is finished typing. But the better and more clean and faster solution would be proper text macros ♥

Comment

Working...
                X