DarkWalker ShotPad (aka IFYOO GTP01) improved support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkWalker ShotPad (aka IFYOO GTP01) improved support

Recently I saw video DarkWalker ShotPad Gyro Mod - Returnal and it seems that after Steam Controller and GameSir G5, touchpad controller fans have new gamepad to play - DarkWalker ShotPad (aka IFYOO GTP01). This one is already supported by reWASD, because it's visible as keyboard and mouse in gamepad GUI, but I think reWASD support can be better and with it's "magical wand" remapper can make this controller more user friendly.

Features which can be added to unlock potential of this gamepad:
    • Steam Controller's Trackball mode. It will really upgrade controller's touchpad and make it more precise.
    • Emulate left stick on controller's digital stick the same like it is possible on keyboard. Pressing up is charging left stick up, pressing down is charging left stick down etc. Like it works already, but by default on controller's stick.
    • Make use of scroll wheel to let assign it to camera control (something like flick stick). Scrolling down can move camera clockwise 90° (or alternatively 45°) like 0°-90°-180°-270°-360°, scrolling up - anti-clockwise. Example: scrolling twice will let to move camera 180° and we can see what is happening behind character. Such feature can help with fast camera control in controllers which do not support flick sticks.
    • Analog triggers emulation for Mouse Right/Left Click buttons, like it works on reWASD Junior Mobile Controller. Pressing longer button is charging triggers press from 0% to 100%. Releasing, depends on configuration or reducing to 0% immediately, or slowly reducing from 100% to 0%.
    • Magical wand can remap virtual Xbox360 like this (just suggestion): stick to left stick, touchpad to right stick, d-pad to d-pad, Y as Start button, Esc as Back button, F as A, R as B, V as X, C as Y (as standard gamepad placement, but can be: R reload, C crouch, F interact, V melee attack),​ Mouse Right Click as LT, Mouse Left Click as RT, E as RB, Q as LB. Looks reasonable.
    These few ideas can improve controller support, so users will not have to pretend that they are configuring mouse and keyboard (which pretends DarkWalker ShotPad).

Thank you for your review. Guys from reWASD have already had their eye on this device

Comment

Hey guys, I'm brand new to this site. I have spent the last decade obsessed with the steam controller. The insane customization options for each game and accuracy are perfect but sadly they have begun to fail internally.

So I just bought this GTP01 controller and discovered reWASD! Gunna watch a ton of videos on youtube and get a bit caught up but i'd love to hear if anyone else here has one of these guys.

The only issue I have with the "controller" (it registers as mouse and keyboard) is that the joystick behaves nothing like one as it is bound to the WASD keys. I understand that i can fix this with reWASD....so begins a new chapter of controller mapping

Comment

reWASD will support GTP01 2.4G Wireless only. The full support of a wired version is not planned

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
          reWASD will support GTP01 2.4G Wireless only. The full support of a wired version is not planned

Is the wireless version really so different to support that and not the wired version? This is disappointing as I prefer the wired version and I already use reWASD for it, really all that needs to be added is the graphical GUI to make binding buttons easier rather than doing them one by one as I do now (since the GPT01 is just seen as a mouse and keyboard to the PC). Being able to customize the trackpad sensitivity on a per-config basis would be nice as well.

Comment

Yes, the wireless and wired versions are different. The wired version has another firmware and a few other differences

For this reason, reWASD will support GTP01 2.4G Wireless only​

Comment

But wireless version can work via cable too.

Comment

This will be cool to see, hopefully you can adjust the gyro/touch pad sensitivity better via rewasd
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally Posted by jeynos View Post

Is the wireless version really so different to support that and not the wired version? This is disappointing as I prefer the wired version and I already use reWASD for it, really all that needs to be added is the graphical GUI to make binding buttons easier rather than doing them one by one as I do now (since the GPT01 is just seen as a mouse and keyboard to the PC). Being able to customize the trackpad sensitivity on a per-config basis would be nice as well.
                  I just recently got the wired version also. Can you tell me how did you go about mapping it in rewasd. I'm new to rewasd and have Been searching all online and your actually 1st person say they've done it

Comment

Originally Posted by CaesiumBathBomb View Post
                    This will be cool to see, hopefully you can adjust the gyro/touch pad sensitivity better via rewasd geometry dash lite
                    ​​​​​​
                    I hope this too.​

Comment

Working...
                    X