Add extra yaw ramp up time and delay like in apex legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add extra yaw ramp up time and delay like in apex legends

In apex legends, if you go to the advanced look controls section of controller settings you can play around with the extra yaw settings. The way it works is it increases the sensitivity slowly when you reach max stick input so you can essentially play on a lower sensitivity than you otherwise would which is really useful. I particularly like the fine tuning settings in ALC which are the ramp up time and the delay. Those are crucial to make the increase controllable. The rewasd devs should be able to achieve a similar effect by slowly increasing the response curve when the user reaches max input. I know its possible to do this now but rewasd lacks the ramp up time setting so the increase in response curve is instant and too jarring.

Hello

In our curve settings, you can set the points so that the stick control is smoother. Maybe you need more points to make it more comfortable?
    And please describe in more detail what you mean by the ramp-up time setting?​​

Comment

I have tried that but then I lose the linear response which is dissatisfactory. Currently the way rewasd response curve tuning works is simply:

X stick input = Y response.

I'm suggesting to add a feature that can change the dynamics when X =100% i.e max stick input. So:

X stick input + time held in ms = Y output.

So for example if I hold my right stick at full lock for 100ms, Y response = 80%
      if I hold my right stick at full lock for 200ms, Y response = 85%
      if I hold my right stick at full lock for 300ms, Y response = 90%
      if I hold my right stick at full lock for 400ms, Y response = 95%
      if I hold my right stick at full lock for 500ms, Y response = 100%.

So it takes half a second in this scenario to "ramp up" to full response. The difference in what I'm suggesting vs what is already possible is to do with how and where on the stick input range the ramp up starts.

Comment

Your idea seems quite understandable. reWASD dev team will take a look at it. Probably, it is possible to implement in our response curve

Comment

Working...
        X