Asus ROG Ally Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by RN_Tbone View Post
    I am trying to map the command center and armory crate buttons to the lower paddles and the upper paddles being the rear buttons of the Ally on my Elite Series 2. What does the Ally Classify the built in armory crate and Command center buttons as? What do they classify or name their rear bumpers? If you could mimic this on the elite, I think theoretically you could leave the system docked indefinitely. Maybe can do a combo keybind but that might only open armory crate and not function like the buttons on the ally that are built In. What I’m asking may not be feasible yet.
    Command Center:
    Control+ALT+C

Comment

Any updates on the progress for the Ally? Would love to be using the paddles on the back. Thanks.

Comment

The next update should bring partial support (no gyro and backpaddles remapping yet). ETA: 1-2 weeks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          The next update should bring partial support (no gyro and backpaddles remapping yet). ETA: 1-2 weeks.
          Any ETA on gyro and backpaddles working on the Rog Ally? I hate to use handheld companion because it add redundant functions that I don't need.

Comment

Unfortunately, there is no ETA for the full support of this device.
            Stay tuned!​

Comment

Originally Posted by mja2128 View Post
              Has anyone gotten reWASD to work on ROG Ally with PS remote play? I just tried and unfortunately couldn't get it to work.
              I also just tried. I watched this video(link below), which was only posted 3 weeks ago. Seemed super simple, but it didn't work for me. I did some more reading on the issue and read that I should have a USB hub with a 2.0 input and so I bought one. Still doesn't work. I can control the PS5 menus in the PS Remote Play app, but when I go into a game the controls do not work. The right stick even brings up the mouse curser on screen.

Has anybody been able to troubleshoot this? I've also seen some people talk about a PS software update that made this not work because the PS Portal is coming soon. Any advice would be appreciated, because PS Remote Play was one of the reasons I bought this thing, along with making it my native Game Pass handheld.

(heres the video) https://youtu.be/AkUps5mKuhA?si=SrVHgBaHBPvubH55

Thanks!

Comment

Since Sony forbids the usage of virtual controllers in their app, an internal or external USB 2.0 Hub is required for reWASD to work with PS Remote Play.

The video mentioned connecting a mouse, keyboard, or any other USB 2.0 device to the console, which might turn on the internal USB 2.0 hub, so we suggest trying that first.

Comment

Any update on Gyro support on the ROG Ally? Been a while...

Comment

Unfortunately, the next update won't bring full support for ROG Ally devices. We are still working on it.

Comment

Hello REWASD team. Any ETA on paddle support? Been awhile since the May update. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by neonblue View Post
                        Hello REWASD team. Any ETA on paddle support? Been awhile since the May update. Thanks.
                        Hello!
                        There is no ETA at the moment.

Comment

Hate to bug, but when will back paddle functionality be added?

Just bought an ROG Ally and love it. ABSOLUTELY need the paddles working with reWASD!

I use reWASD on my house PCs with an Xbox One controller. The little button under the Back and Start buttons was my "shift" mode button. Works great on my home PCs.

I need this functionality on the ROG Ally. There's no other way to add shift capability, and one of the rear buttons would be my shift button.

Comment

Unfortunately, we don't have the ETA for full ROG Ally support still.

Comment

At the moment we have no plans to support back paddles directly, because they are not visible as normal HID buttons and only as custom controls inside Armoury Crate (AC). They can even be disabled completely.
                              So the proper way to access them is to remap them to some free keyboard buttons inside AC and then use them in group with Xbox 360 controller. This is how ASUS has designed their device and
                              reWASD is not going to overcome this limitation. But gyroscope can be supported.

Comment

" .... use them in group with Xbox 360 controller."

Can you please elaborate on this?

Another question ... all my reWASD profiles are with an Xbox One controller. The ROG Ally is seen as an Xbox 360 controller. Other than the additional middle button on the Xbox One controller, they should be the same? How can I xfer my current reWASD profiles from Xbox One to Xbox 36 controller, keeping all the mappings and settings (other than that new middle button) ?

Comment

Working...
                                X