Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish ReWASD offered cloud storage for all the settings and templates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish ReWASD offered cloud storage for all the settings and templates.

I just had a repair shop reinstall Windows and I lost all my ReWASD templates. We need something like Steam Cloud saves.

We are already thinking about how to implement the ability to save configs in your personal account.
    However, this is only at the stage of discussion at the moment.

I hope that in the future we will implement this.
    Stay tuned!​

Comment

Please i need this

Comment

This would be great but for me at least it is quite easy to make one folder on Onedrive that has all the settings. Then after every installation just change reWasd settings folder to this Onedrive folder. It even updates between different computers automatically.

Comment

Originally Posted by Antsa View Post
          This would be great but for me at least it is quite easy to make one folder on Onedrive that has all the settings. Then after every installation just change reWasd settings folder to this Onedrive folder. It even updates between different computers automatically.
          There are always work arounds. I could also use one of my backup drives. But automatic backups to a ReWASD cloud storage is much more intuitive and automatic for most gamers. I have many different ReWASD game config's and I change them a lot. Yes I could have backups to my backup drive but I prefer the reliability and insurance of it being built into ReWASD.

Comment

ReWASD is Windows app. Windows has OneDrive. Maybe it's good idea to add option to symlink in OneDrive folder with reWASD configs? Something like checkbox (Save profiles in OneDrive location).

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion!
              Our team is considering ways to implement this feature in future updates. We cannot promise anything at the moment, but we hope it will be implemented.

Stay tuned!​

Comment

Hmmm, maybe.

Comment

I noticed reWASD's default folder for profile data is in the Public user folder instead of the user folder itself. You can change this of course but if the user folder was chosen then that would be retained when doing a Windows refresh which is what many people do these days instead of a full format + reinstall as the refresh option retains your user folder.

Comment

Working...
                  X