Smoother allowance for shared profiles across multiple installations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoother allowance for shared profiles across multiple installations

Hello again! I just purchased a second license to install on my laptop, and have been setting up the initial options. I want to share profiles seamlessly across my two computers. TO do this, I have moved my profiles/presets/screenshots to a OneDrive folder on my main PC, and have been using them that way since initial installation.

After installing on the laptop, and pointing the three data paths to those OneDrive locations on the hard disk, it errored with a message that it couldn't because the directories already had data there. I moved the existing established profiles out, re-saved this time successfully, exited ReWASD, deleted all of the newly-added profiles, moved the old ones back in, re-opened ReWASD, and all was good, it uses all of my established profiles without issue.

While it was not a difficult process to perform on my end with some simple folder-shifting and re-loading, it would be pretty cool if future versions of ReWASD were more welcoming of cross-computer profile-sharing. Perhaps an option to point to existing profile directories at the time of installation could be useful. Perhaps instead of the "directory is not empty" error, it could instead be something like "existing profiles found, use new directory instead?"

I suspect there could be times that new features saved to profiles might not mesh well if loaded in older versions, but that could probably be detected upon loading, offering the user to either upgrade their app if they have lagged, or ignore the profile as a version mismatch.

Anyway all works on my end now, just ideas for the future. Thanks for the awesome app!

Hey there!
    Thanks for your idea.

No changes in this direction are planned in the next updates, and it is possible to move configs only by copying *.rewasd format files to the appropriate folder with profiles.

However, in the future, we have an idea to update the personal account. And it is quite possible that in this personal account there will be something like a "cloud" with your configs.

That way, if something happens to your SSD or HDD, you won't lose the configurations you've perfected over the years.

I hope that we can implement it.​

Comment

Wonderful! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X