please add feature: restrict mouse cursor in a round area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please add feature: restrict mouse cursor in a round area

The software can be found on internet which has similar feature, can only create a rectangular area to restrict mouse cursor.
    But a circle will make L/R joys more comfortable when simulating a mouse, the size and position of this circle should be adjustable.

Could you describe your suggestion in more detail?

Thanks in advance.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Could you describe your suggestion in more detail?

Thanks in advance.​
      Hi, I am a Diablo4 player.
      For some reason, I would like to use the L/R joys to simulate mouse in some circumstances.

As all we know, usually the feature is for shooting game, and the current feature works fine since in shooting game you don't really see the mouse.
      In this scene, the absolute coordinate of the mouse is meaningless, the relative coordinate shows what direction you are moving your mouse towards.
      Hence, the relative coordinate cause the direction turning behavior.

But in a game like Diablo4, you can see the mouse cursor actually, the cursor is the key to control all of the behavior of youself (move, direction towards, target etc.)
      It is a totally another case compared to shooting game.

The controller has some issues when you play some particular character or cast some particular skill, because the in-game logic is tricky when it's on controller mode.
      When you want to make a accurate spell based on direction, the system will automaticlly lock on a target on the direction you towards.
      Another words, the target logic is always above to the direction logic, you will never really aim to a direction to cast when you play the game on controller mode.

But when you on normal keyborad-mouse mode, the game offered you a button called "hold position", when you press the button you will stand still.
      During this state, if you cast a skill, the casting will be in the same direction as your mouse is pointing at, you character will stand still.
      And there will be no adverse effects caused by locking the target, But in controller mode the button is not exsist.

As you can see I like the comfortable feeling by holding a controller, I also like the accurate casting by mouse, I want them both.
      If there is no mouse cursor restriction, when I use L/R joys, the cursor will go to any possible position all over the monitor, since it's hard to manipulate joys to simulate a real mouse.
      If the restriction area is a rectangular, The direction control will not be smooth since there is right angles and straight edges in the restriction area.
      Only a circle restriction area will fit the L/R joy's original trajectory, your touch will be consistent with your experience.
      At the same time, you can still control the direction relatively accurately in the circular restriction area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	185
Size:	1,010.6 KB
ID:	238290

Comment

Could I ask you to share with us the programs that can create a rectangular area to restrict mouse cursor? Just interesting to understand how it works in practice.

Comment

sure, please notice you supposed to run them with administrator mode, there are two.
          Attached Files

Comment

Got it
            Thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
              Got it
              Thank you for the suggestion.
              Waiting for the new feature in future update, go ahead!

Comment

SteamInput allows this too. I was playing like this Diablo 3 and it was very comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                X