Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about PS3 and macros.

Hi guys,

First of all I would like to apologies for my english. It is not my primary language.
    I have been using this program for over two years and many of its functions are clear and understandable to me, however I have few questions and maybe you can help me to find an answer.
    Mostly I use this program for games that require a lot of grinding, so I would like to know if:
    1) Does reWASD work with ps3 on the same terms like with ps4? I mean of course the same way like "Local Bluetooth Adapter". I searched the forum and came to the conclusion that probably not. Maybe I missed something, but I don't think so. If the answer is "no", do you guys have plans add this functionality in the future?
    2) As I mention in question above, I use this program for games that require a lot of grinding. Sometimes I have to create long macros with many iterations (60+). Is it possible to see how many iterations left till the end? Maybe there is an option to add small window (always on top) with number like for example "35/60" or for example "25 iterations left"?

Thanks in advance and I must admit that reWASD is a great piece of software!​

Hey there!

1. You can connect to PS3 with a GIMX adapter.
    2. The number of actions in the combo editor is not limited, but we do not recommend making them too large to avoid issues; reWASD is not designed to perform too large combos.

Comment

Hi again,

Thanks for quick answer, however I want to clarify few things.
      If it comes about connection with ps3 console, I want to achieve to connect ps3 or ps4 controller in order to play ps3 games. I found on YT your channel, where there is tutorial how to use reWASD and GIMX adapter. But does the connection to the ps3 look the same?
      If it comes about long macros. My macros aren't too complex, but they are long and have many iterations. So far I never had any issues with reWASD and macros. That's why I asked about possibility tracing how many iterations left.​

Comment

The connection process should be identical to the guide.

Unfortunately, I can't specify the exact limits, but it's desirable that the combo length does not reach 100,000 ms.

Comment

Hi,

If I understand corretly, GIMX is the only option to connect to ps3? Preferably the best solution for me would be something similar to the one on ps4 (Local Bluetooth Adapter).
          Is there any chance for that in the future?​

Comment

So far, we have successfully tested connecting an external controller to newer consoles: PS4, Xbox One/S/X and Nintendo Switch.
            So not sure about a 100% working solution for PS3 in the future.

However, one of our users reported that he was able to connect to PS3 via GIMX.​

Comment

It could be possible to pair to PS3 via bluetooth, but you would need to connect GIMX adapter at least once anyway in order to create pairing - this is how pairing in PS3 works in general (via USB first).
              We have not implemented such wizard in reWASD yet, so at the moment yes, GIMX adapter is the only working solution on PS3.

Comment

Hi,
                So, before admin close this topic, I have one last question:
                Do you have even plans to add "Wizard" for PS3, or should I looking for another solution?
                Regardless, thanks for help and understanding.​

Comment

As far as I know, there are no plans to add this feature in coming releases

Comment

Working...
                  X