Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold Trigger Zone Medium while in Trigger Zone High and Macro Reset

Problem Statement:
    I want to use my trigger as a pseudo detent for Half and Full action for the TID in the F-14 in DCS.

While in half action I can move the cursor on the TID
    When full action is pressed it selects whatever the cursor is on

What I want:
    Hold Q while in first detent (medium zone)
    when in second detent keep holding first detent binding and press W while second detent (high zone) pressed.

WHEN RELEASED IT MUST HOLD DOWN the FIRST DETENT (q) UNTIL I COMPLETELY LET GO!

Where the Problem Occurs

What I have bound has Q being held while in Medium zone (don't need Low zone)
    When in High zone both Q + W are held

What happens:
    In between the 2 zones there is a small portion where Q is released and then pressed again.

So I can select the target just fine, but then as I release it this happens:
    Q + W → nothing → Q
    ( High Zone → nothing → Medium Zone )

That nothing inbetween resets my selection when Q is pressed again.

Ideal Solution:
    When in High Zone keep holding down Medium zone binding.

Workarounds:
    1. Add combo break for Medium Zone (first detent)
    CONS: If you don't select anything the combo will be annoying if you want to select something again in the future

2. Make High Zone (second detent) an execute at once and add a delay before it releases the keys.
    This will keep Q held down as you release the trigger.
    (as you go from High Zone → Medium Zone the button press delay keeps Q + W held in until you get to the Medium Zone Proper)
    CONS: If you hold the second detent (High Zone) down for longer than the delay, the same problem will occur.
    If the delay is too long then if you want to use the 2nd detent again you cannot until the delay times out.

Solution to this con: Let execute at once macros be reset if the button is pressed a second time before the macro times out.

Are you suggesting for zones to have an option to overlap?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      yes that is correct.

Comment

But I am also suggesting that macros should have an option to be reset if the button is pressed a second time.​

Comment

What I mean by the macro thing is that you should be able to select I press a macro button a second time before a macro finishes:
          What happens:
          1. Nothing happens
          2. Stop the macro
          3. Stop the macro and start it from the beginning
          4. Start a second instance of the macro so the macro is running twice at the same time but maybe a little delayed.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion.
            Our team will get acquainted with it, and perhaps, we will take it into consideration.

Comment

Working...
            X