Suggested Docs addition for using the Dualsense Edge with ReWASD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested Docs addition for using the Dualsense Edge with ReWASD

Hey there! I have a suggestion on some data that should probably go into the Docs for using this controller. Mainly because it's something that I have run into several times, and others might as well.

The Dualsense Edge is a weird beast as it has built-in hardware-mapped profile-swapping button combos linked to the two Fn buttons. There's no software-level way to bypass those functions, meaning if you have any custom configs mapped in addition to the default, they can screw up your combos with ReWASD.

The best solution to this is to start by following the ReWASD docs note on this controller: https://help.rewasd.com/how-to-remap...#DualSenseEdge

However, since the official Playstation docs page are not super detailed on this, you'll need to do some extra work here. When building your default profile, make sure all of your buttons are mapped to their expected buttons. Then, save that profile to all four on-board profiles (instead of just the default one).

Making them all the same is crucial for using the Edge with ReWASD, as it lets you make use of multi-button combos with the Edge's special Fn keys. If you made the mistake of mapping a custom reconfig to, say, the Fn+Square slot, you may very likely forget about it down the line, and find yourself mystified suddenly when your ReWASD button combos suddenly start displaying unexpected behavior.

I hope this helps other users of the Edge!

Hello!
    Thank you for your suggestion.

If your method proves to be reliable after testing on our side, we will consider adding it to our help page.

Comment

Working...
    X