Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else getting concerned with reWASD being associated with cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new "Ideas" from 7.3.0 are not really helping when remapping is now turned off when playing some Games restricted

In my opinion you took action against the wrong side as you should have helped Users to get past the detection and not by supporting the Game manufacturer like EA

Comment

Hey there!

That's not quite the case. At the moment, we don't want to expose our users to risk until we get a response from the game devs.

We just tried to make life easier for our users and remove the need to uninstall reWASD to play these games.

As of today, this is the only compromise solution we have until we reach an agreement or receive a final response from the developers of the games where reWASD is blocked. Thank you for your understanding.​

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
        Hey there!

That's not quite the case. At the moment, we don't want to expose our users to risk until we get a response from the game devs.

We just tried to make life easier for our users and remove the need to uninstall reWASD to play these games.

As of today, this is the only compromise solution we have until we reach an agreement or receive a final response from the developers of the games where reWASD is blocked. Thank you for your understanding.​
        Can you elaborate on what has been done under the hood for the games and anticheat to not detect reWASD installed anymore? Is it something like changing the names of the executable or the services running, or something more complex to 'hide' reWASD?

To me this feels like it will venture into a cat and mouse game vs developers and anti-cheat. And without an agreement from developers I personally won't risk running these games with reWASD still in the background. I do not want to lose accounts to a ban because the developers see this update as evading detection like actual cheating software does, even if the program actually disables itself while these games are running.

What would be more useful to me is a button on the program itself that exits and disables it's service all at once, so I don't have to go to the ctrl+alt+delete menu to disable it's service after exiting every time I want to play a EA Anti Cheat game like BF2042.

Comment

Unfortunately, we can't disclose what exactly we did.

All I can say is that we introduced our own limitations to prevent any claims against reWASD from games. We don't allow remapping with these games so users don't have to uninstall reWASD to launch them. There's also no risk to user accounts.

Comment

Unfortunately, we can't disclose what exactly we did.

All I can say is that we introduced our own limitations to prevent any claims against reWASD from games. We don't allow remapping with these games so users don't have to uninstall reWASD to launch them. There's also no risk to user accounts.
            Finally some good news! Is this live already?

Comment

owerlord Sure. You can download the latest version of reWASD from our official website or through your personal account.

Comment

owerlord Sure. You can download the latest version of reWASD from our official website or through your personal account.
                Thanks you! Will do! I was waiting so long, was this hard to code?

And so sad that game devs did not respond anything.

Comment

I'm not a developer, so I can't answer this question xd
                  I suppose it wasn't easy.

Comment

whats the latest, will we be able to ever use reWASD for BF2042?

Comment

No changes so far.

Comment

any hope at all?

Comment

There is always hope.

Comment

Working...
                          X