Radial Menu - Apply and Back commands closing Radial Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radial Menu - Apply and Back commands closing Radial Menu

At the moment ... if nothing is selected on Radial Menu ... hitting Apply or Back will close Radial Menu

Can this be optional ... I can understand this is applicable to most people ... but for my use case this is not good

My use case:

on opening Radial Menu - i send shortcut key to 3rd party software to display overlay (to show game manual) ... i then use Radial Menu to send shortcuts keys to that 3rd party software to change pages

I need a specific key to close Radial Menu so that I can send shortcut key to 3rd party software to hide overlay

I use some buttons on controller to jump from Radial Menu layer ... and can sent shortcut then

If some Radial Menu items are applied ... and that item closes Radial Menu ("Close on Apply") ... I can still sent shortcut then

But with Apply and Back able to close Radial Menu when nothing on Radial Menu is selected ... I can not close 3rd party overlay on these events - there is no way to determine when Apply and Back will close Radial Menu

The Radial Menu is essentially the same layer as the others. So, you can use Jump to Shift mapping as a command that closes the Radial Menu.

For example, I used the additional mouse button to open the Radial menu, and I added Jump to Shift mapping back to the Main Layer to the second additional mouse button.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	88
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	241972

This way, I can choose any key that will close the Radial Menu.

Correct me if I've misunderstood you and my way doesn't work for you

Comment

I understand that ... and what you describe allows me to inject keyboard shortcut (in reWASD mapping) to 3rd party software to hide its overlay.

But see attached picture - thats one of possible Radial Menu state where nothing is selected ... from this state if you press Apply or Back (assigned to some button) - the Radial Menu will close.

And thats my problem ... I dont want Apply and Back to close Radial Menu ... while its useful in most cases ... it is not for mine.

I need to send shortcut to hide overlay from 3rd party software when Radial Menu closes ... and I cannot assign shortcut to Apply and Back buttons - because whether they close the Radial Menu will depend on Radial Menu state.

So what I am asking is ... make ability for Apply and Back to close Radial Menu optional.

Attached Files

Comment

I understand your idea, and we will consider it with the team.
        Thank you!​

Comment

Working...
        X