Mini-descriptions for profiles & subconfigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini-descriptions for profiles & subconfigs

I use quite a few profiles and sub-configs since I'm using reWASD for both work and play. Sometimes I have trouble remembering the nuances of the different setups I've created. It would be nice to have a small description field within the main window, where I can write a brief note about the profile/config/sub-config/layer that I'm currently viewing.

E.g.

Profile: GeForce Now
    Config: Cyberpunk 2077
    Sub-config: Data Frog/G502
    Layer: DF+G502 to M+K
    Description: Data Frog controller remapped to keyboard to use with mouse (group).

Layer: DF+G502 default
    Description: Profile to use for driving only. Native behaviour both devices.​​

I'm proposing that the red text in the example above be shown in the main window of the sub-config as in the screenshot below (with apologies for my crappy design skills lol).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-22 074818.png
Views:	105
Size:	674.5 KB
ID:	242643

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. We can't promise anything, but we'll discuss it with the team.

Comment

Comment

Originally Posted by cdebono View Post
        I use quite a few profiles and sub-configs since I'm using reWASD for both work and play. Sometimes I have trouble remembering the nuances of the different setups I've created. It would be nice to have a small description field within the main window, where I can write a brief note about the profile/config/sub-config/layer that I'm currently viewing.

E.g.

Layer: DF+G502 to M+K
        Description: Data Frog controller remapped to keyboard to use with mouse (group).

Layer: DF+G502 default
        Description: Profile to use for driving only. Native behaviour both devices.​​

I'm proposing that the red text in the example above be shown in the main window of the sub-config as in the screenshot below (with apologies for my crappy design skills uno online lol).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-22 074818.png Views:	50 Size:	674.5 KB ID:	242643
        That's a very helpful suggestion! Having a description field for profiles, configs, sub-configs, and layers in reWASD would definitely improve organization and clarity, especially for users with complex setups like yours.
        Your suggestion for a description field in reWASD has merit and would likely be appreciated by many users. It would be a great addition to the software for improved organization and usability.​

Comment

Working...
        X