Controller touchpad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller touchpad

I have been experimenting with what I can use touchpad for. I also been considering adding back paddles that uses the click button (gives me extra button independent from standard buttons).

I like rewasd allowing remapping 4 corners of tocupad - gives me extra 4 buttons. I prefer using those corners with "require click" option to prevent them triggering from accidental touch.

And this is my problem .. remapping corners with "requite click" also generate "click" remap, which is troublesome as I plan to use "click" as a separate custom button at the back.

Here is example:
    1. map one of corners to keyboard "1"
    2. map click to "2"

Here is actual behavior:
    clicking corner generates "12" or "21"

Desired behavior:
    clicking corner generates "1"

PS. imagine i assign X button to "1", Y button to "2", and X+Y to "3"

pressing X+Y will generate only "3" ... and not "123"

this is similar case

Hi

Send us your config, please. We will check on our side

Comment

Here you go ... i tested this on DualSense and DualSense Edge

Map upper-left corner to "1" with "require click" ... map click to "2"

clicking upper-left corner generates "12" or "21"

expected to generate only "1"
      Attached Files

Comment

It became clear after I checked the config.

This is normal behavior in this case. When you click on a corner of the touchpad, two mappings appear, and the click mapping will reproduced regardless of which part of the touchpad is clicked. There are two different mappings that work

Comment

Can this be changed? ... so "zone clicks" do not trigger "clicks" - it does not make much sense

if i map upper left zone to "1" ... and click to "2"

I expect that upper left zone click generates only "1" ... and rest of zones just register click and generate "2" ... this gives more flexibility to remapping

Comment

Unfortunately, this is done by design and cannot be changed. However, thanks for your feedback

Comment

I see ... so "Click" and "L-Lower" / "L-Upper" / "R-Lower" / "R-Upper" are considered independent events/buttons

That explains using my previous mapping ... when I hold "L-Upper", rewasd generated "12121212121212121..." (I assume rewasd considers me holding both "L-Upper" and "Click" at the same time)

So ... I try to use Shortcuts in hope to bypass this (theoretically it should work)

Similar scenario (see attached config)

"L-Lower" is map to nothing
              "Click" is "2"
              Shortcut: "L-Lower"+"Click" is 3

When i click "L-Lower" ... rewasd should considers me pressing "L-Lower" and "Click" at same time ... so I expected rewasd to generate "3" ... but rewasd generated "23"

But what different is ... I hold "L-Lower" ... rewasd generate "23333333333333333333333333333" ... so rewasd does consider "L-Lower"+"Click" as a shortcut ... it just for first press - somehow rewasd still considers that i press "Click" first before "L-Lower"+"Click" ... which in my opinion is incorrect, because when i press "L-Lower" - the "Click" event should be at the same time

Attached Files

Comment

Figured it out ... need to disable "require click" for touchpad in digital mode ... then assign Click to "2" and shortcut "L-Lower"+"Click" to 3 ... now clicking in left-lower will correctly generate just 3

I know this seems stupid thing to need ... but I love DualSense Edge ... but hate it cost

So I am going to mod normal DualSense to have 4 back buttons ... going to wire them to "microphone", "touchpad click", "create", "options" ... games dont need those buttons anyway ... gonna use rewasd to mute these buttons and assign to something else.

well... "create" and "options" are actually used for non-trivial stuff ... so gonne map those using rewasd to "L-Upper" and "R-Upper"

thats why it was important for me to separate "click" from "L-Upper"

now I will have "poor" man Edge for PC

Comment

I know you can buy backpaddles kit for DualSense ... but those just "connect" backpaddle to standard buttons .. I needed "extra" buttons to assign to "extra" stuff

Comment

Working...
                  X