Game not recognizing Virtual Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game not recognizing Virtual Controller

Hello. As title says, i tried remapping an Xbox One Wireless controller key to press another keys, then reWasd asked to hide the physical controller. I did that, but my game wont recognize the virtual controller reWasd created. I tried the suggested methods that i read here https://www.rewasd.com/blog/post/rew...cro-controller
    Also i did restart my PC, still the game doesn't recognize it. I try before i buy the software, this would be a huge plus for me, remapping the controller. Right now i use another controller remapper to remap gamepad keys to Kb & mouse, but it doesn't have this functionality.
    I am on Windows 10 pro Latest, the game is "The Elder Scrolls Online -Steam".
    Thank you.

Hello!

The Elder Scrolls Online has a pretty bad controller support. It doesn't recognize the physical controllers from time to time too.

Could you please check the in-game settings? The gamepad mode should be turned on.

However, playing with keyboard and mouse settings is a good idea. You don't need any other mappers in addition to reWASD by the way.

I would also suggest you to look through the configs for TES we have in our Community: https://www.rewasd.com/community/gam...roller-support

You may try any of them and add combos if needed.

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your response. Since i posted i tried to start the game without steam ( you can start directly from exe) and it seems that its recognizing it. So i made another profile to test other Steam game (Shadow of War) and the virtual controller doesn't really work there also. The i tried it with The Witcher ( no steam) and it works. So it seems that i have some problem with steam games. No controller support activated on Steam though. Strange..ill test more.
      On another note...i have a problem with the Shift keys
      Lets say that Y gamepad does a Y + B...Then if i press LT setup as a Shift key, then in that menu i set my Y do do another action....like press F2 ..it does so BUT it also activates the primary Y. So the result is: F2 And Y And B all. I should mention that i already hide my physical controller via reWasd. Is there something I am missing?

Comment

Hello,

Great news regarding controller recognition, glad that's been solved. As for your question. Please unmap Y and B buttons in main menu (to unmap them individually select the button - Gamepad Mapping - Unmap). Them create the shortcuts and to same unmap steps inside Shift mode and map F2 - http://recordit.co/VDm7BJ73c4.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thank you for the great help. I discovered more awesome features from this software...like holding Y u can map another key...double click Y..another key and so on. This is great!. With this kind of support and that many options I think this soft is an instant buy. I don't know what slots really do since if i map a key on one slot...the same key is mapped to the other slot also. I would like to see key combining like gamepad Y plus some kb Key to get another key/combo.or to use kb shortcuts to change slots instead of gamepad ones..but that's just too much i think ( it would help with the chatpad attached).

Comment

reWASD has lots of various features to expand the number of actions mapped to the controller. I hope you will enjoy using it :satisfied:

Here is a big post about how and why you may need Shifts and Slots. Also, the note from Facebook explains a lot about how to use combos in reWASD.

I hope they will help you get to know about all the features. And of course, we are here to answer the questions

Comment

I wont make another post but i HAVE to point something very important. Windows 10 added some time ago Controller support in the Universal Apps, and in various regions, like settings etc. So after the update i was basically scr..wed...any software remapper that i tried couldn't solve the problem like when im trying to navigate in Windows settings and i get 2 inputs...mouse movement from my remapper and also joystick movement from my controller. Now reWasd gets it right! It allows me to actually unmap all my gamepad keys, so i wont have conflicts anymore, so just my re mapped keys work. This is priceless to me. I just had to point that out. Really good job guys!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your kind words

Comment

Working...
                X