Dualshock 3 controller won't detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualshock 3 controller won't detected

I saw similar problems with other user, although I had this problem on the version 4.11.00
    I've tried reinstalling reWASD and run the app with Admin support and it still won't detect it. It does detect my other controller, but I wanted to use the Dualshock 3 right now.

I have sent an email with my log through the support email. Hope anyone can assist me on this.

Hello,

Do you have some different drivers for the controller installed? Does the controller detect in Windows correctly? It's via cable or wireless connected? Also, specify is DS3 original or kinda 3-rd party device that looks like an DS3?
    Thank you in advance.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I've used to install ScpToolkit to emulate DS3 and DS4 but I'm pretty sure it was uninstalled and I can confirm running the uninstaller and the clean wipe utility again just now did nothing on reWASD.

It's connected via cable, and it's the original 2006 controller that came with my original PS3 which is a SIXAXIS controller, it was detected on the device manager as PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller.

If I were to emulate the controller with ScpToolkit, the controller would work. But having reWASD also do the same function, it's redundant then to use ScpToolkit in the first place.

Comment

OK, thank you. So, no ScpToolkit emulator installed and still reWASD doesn't see the controller.
        May we ask to install reWASD from the scratch. Remove current version (if it's still installed), reboot the PC and install again.

In case it still persists, to investigate your case deeper, we need more info. May I ask you to collect logs for us? You need to:
        1. Disconnect your controllers.
        2. Run reWASD as Administrator.
        3.Open Preferences (it's an icon at the bottom-right of the main window).
        4. Click "Start log" button there.
        5. Connect your controller. Wait a bit. Re-plug it again several times.
        6. Open Preferences again and click "Stop Log".
        7. You'll get a link to the folder where the logs are stored. Please send us the archive (you may send to official support-eml@disc-soft.com).
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I've reinstalled reWASD again from scratch and have rebooted it several times. The Issue still persist.

I've sent the email with the log as you suggested. Hopefully you can help me on this. Thanks!

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you! Archive received. Will back to you soon.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,
              Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, log files are empty. Do you have PSNow installed? In case no, please install the software and check whether controllers seen by reWASD - https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ex.../ps-now-on-pc/. In case the problem persists, collect the logs the same way with installed PSNow.

Thank you in advance.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Alright here's the deal. I've followed all your instruction and it seems nothing worked at all.
                I do however check the device manager and find the PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller driver on the list, and uninstalled the driver completely. And suddenly my Dualshock 3 was detected. Had a bit of trouble when I tried plugging in a PS2 to PS3 converter dongle (since I'm planning to use my old Pop'n Music controller) and I've decided to uninstall PS Now, and everything now worked.

Thanks Star-Lord for sticking up with my problem. Now I need to get the Advanced Mapping feature to fix several problem with my old Pop'n Music controller. Hopefully I got offered a discount once in a while :P

Comment

Hello,

Great to know! So, the problem eventually was in drivers. You did remove the driver via Device Manager and controller was detected by reWASD.
                  Thank you for your interest as well. Please check your email used for support center correspondence. Hope you would like it
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thank you so much Star-Lord. I'll support this software by purchasing more features later when I need to

Comment

Hello,
                      Thank you for your reply, we do appreciate it.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                      X